• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

David Beckham visiting wounded British Soldiers

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
By SHAUN CUSTIS
and VIRGINIA WHEELER

STUNNED David Beckham gasped in horror yesterday as he shook an injured Royal Marine’s hand — and it came off.

England hero Becks went ghostly pale as he clutched the limb while Commando Ben McBean screamed: “My arm! My arm!”

But the star’s shock turned to relief as onlookers howled with laughter and he realised he was holding Ben’s prosthetic arm rather than a real one.

He chuckled, “You b******s!” before cracking up and adding: “I wasn’t expecting that.”

The gag came as AC Milan idol Becks, 33, greeted Ben at a special event where 30 brave members of the Forces spent the day with the England team.

Ben, 22, who was wounded by an explosion in Afghanistan, revealed he had pulled the same joke on skipper John Terry, chuckling: “The fake arm trick — it gets them every time.”

The Marine was dubbed “Harry’s Hero” after flying back to Britain on the same plane as Prince Harry following the blast in which he also lost a leg.

He said: “Becks was saying he couldn’t imagine life with only one leg. So I held out my hand saying, ‘It’s all right, you get used to it’.

“But as he shook my hand I let it slip from the socket. He looked like he would faint.”

Ben and heroes from other Services met the players during a session at Arsenal’s training ground at London Colney, Herts.

They then all had lunch at the Grove Hotel near Watford.

Among those at the event arranged by the MoD and FA was Ben’s pal Marine Matt Kingston, who had his leg amputated below the knee after being shot.

Both had their limbs autographed by the stars.

And Matt joked: “I might try and lose an arm as well and see if I get as much attention as Ben. You have to be able to laugh, it’s part of the recovery.”

England are getting ready to battle Slovakia and Ukraine in a World Cup qualifier, but skipper Terry insisted it was the Servicemen and women who were the real lionhearts.

He said: “The guys who are over there, the nurses, everyone, it is unbelievable what they do.”

And defender Rio Ferdinand said: “They are definitely the heroes. To share the same room as them is a privilege.”

Among a group from the RAF were soccer coach Martin “Wilky” Wilkinson, who chatted with Wayne Rooney, and PT instructor Nick De-Long, who played against Rio and Frank Lampard as a Bristol City junior.

Helicopter engineer Michael Douglas’s grandad Bryan Douglas played for Blackburn Rovers and 36 times for England. Bryn Parry, spokesman for The Sun-backed charity Help for Heroes, said the day was “fantastic”.

s.custis@the-sun.co.uk

Article Link

Good example of soldiers "Black Humour"

Excellent wind up, Royal...

For the sake of the injured males in the crowd I hope he took his wife along with him :eek:

Victoria ?
She's just a bag of bones! ... lot of prettier girls out there - even "scarry" spice ;)

I agree.  She's a stick insect who always looks angry/pouty.  I think she's just really hungry.  Someone feed that woman for the love of God!  ;D

geo said:
Victoria ?
She's just a bag of bones! ... lot of prettier girls out there - even "scarry" spice ;)

Good I'm not the only one who thinks that. I look at her and can't help thinking that having sex with her would be like having sex with a bag of antlers! (Not an original line but I can't remember where I heard it or I would give them credit!)

I much prefer my women to have at least some meat on their bones and not just skin wrapped around a skeleton.

daftandbarmy said:
Excellent wind up, Royal...

For the sake of the injured males in the crowd I hope he took his wife along with him :eek:
My thoughts exactly. To hell with footballers, we want the spice girls!

Nuff said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1178050/Smouldering-Victoria-Beckham-gets-going-Armani-airbrushers-latest-lingerie-ad.html

Back