• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dateing Ettiqiute Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thompson_JM

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok,

So I have a Question for you all...

Whats the Ettiquite for if a freind of yours (even though you dont see him much anymore, and he has become more of an aquaintence) Decides he wants to date your Ex?

Should he still ask you if youre ok with it? 

Just wondering what the unwritten Mens Rule was on that.

Cheers
    Tommy

You opted out....you don't have any say..

Cpl Thompson said:
Should he still ask you if youre ok with it? 

I'm a woman, so I don't know about men's rules.

I would say that depend of the feeling between the ex .
Does the future one know what the ex feel for the lady, and
was is it ? More the feeling, more the speaking precautions.

Since they 're in the acquaintance stage, I would say not
asking if it's ok, but telling him about it would be the right
(polite) thing.

just my opinion

Édith : but GAP is right

You opted out....you don't have any say..

there is another thread on this, somewhere.  Something about "men's rules" (all tongue in cheek, naturally).  But, if this guy is your friend, he takes precedence (from my opinion).  I believe that you should talk with him.  Now, if he's just "one of the lads", only see him from time to time, it may be different.

Here is the thread:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/29263.0.html

Number 13:
"Before dating a buddy's ex you are required to ask his permission. If he grants it, he is however allowed to say, "man, your gonna love the way she licks your ****"

(my emphasis added on the word REQUIRED)

Ha Ha, that's why you can speak German  Hauptmann Scharlachrot...
You've got the memory of an elephant!

A few things need to be taken into consideration
How long had you been dating?  Was it a long term, or just a short couple month thing?
How good of a friend is he?  As you said he's just someone you know, then a talk shouldn't be necessary
How much do you really care?  If you're asking, then that would tend to indicate that you're still a little torn up by it.  Perhaps you should talk to him?
Are you still friends with the ex? 

And most importantly, is she insane?  If so then you may need to talk to him... or not if you don't really like him

I'm tempted to ask how old everyone involved is - - this being the 21st Century and all, it's kind of passé to brand women as property. Not only can a woman date as she pleases in this country, but they can vote and everything!

Why do I feel somewhat less intelligent for even responding in this thread?  ::)

Journeyman said:
Why do I feel somewhat less intelligent for even responding in this thread?  ::)
Perhaps because, despite what you'd like to believe, you have grown up after all.  :D

The Librarian said:
Perhaps because, despite what you'd like to believe, you have grown up after all.  :D

:mad:    have not!  have not!  have not!   :crybaby:
                    [stomping feet]

Yes you HAVE grown up, now go calm down or it's a time out!

HAHAHAHHAAHA

Journeyman said:
I'm tempted to ask how old everyone involved is - - this being the 21st Century and all, it's kind of passé to brand women as property. Not only can a woman date as she pleases in this country, but they can vote and everything!

THEY CAN WHAT?

Whose stupid idea was that? ...Journeyman, did you go and dabble into politics again?

Hijacked.

Mods, I think JM needs to be grounded from Army.ca for week for that little tantrum he pulled.  ;D

Time to go get JM's teddy out of the corner me thinks - hey, it's missing body parts!!

MM

Can also depend on who broke up with whom.  If your buddy broke up with her; yes he opted out... so can't see big issue (though it doesnt mean there wont be one).

If she broke up with him; you are bound to despise her name for eternity.

Date who ever you want. JM are you being a bad boy again? Do you need a time out?  :-*

Journeyman said:

JM - I had a reply all ready to go - along the lines of yours.  I was all set punch the "POST" button, when I was interrupted.  When I came back a few minutes later, I scrapped it, considering that involvement in this thread was just not my "thing".

Does that make me more intelligent??  Nope - just luckier ;)

Of course, now that I HAVE responded in this thread - we're both in the same boat :eek:

Thanks to all for the.... Interesting replies  ;D

it was all theoretical based on a conversation I had with a buddy.

but here would be the circumstances.... Girl Breaks up with Guy A

Guy A and Guy B are freinds.

Girl and Guy B hook up.

Discuss....

- Tommy

Many years ago I saw this very situation unfold.  Although guys A and B didn't talk to each other for a while, when The Girl left the picture, their true friendship showed and they are to this day still friends.  It was ugly for a while though, it put unnecessary strain on their friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back