• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dark Blue Berets return

BeyondTheNow said:
I really don’t understand how any of this is a thing when all troops don’t even have, not only the number of cadpat they’re supposed to have, but even the same ones issued across the board. How many can’t even wear div patches yet? Why are we worried about little details (new patches and fancy badges and whatever else) when the big details aren’t being taken care of?

The cadpat problem I believe is a supplier issue.  Why buy more when the plan is to purchase something else because the supplier upped the price.  Now will we have a replacement in time to solve our problem...doubtful.

It's a LCMM problem, not a supplier issue.

ADM Mat failed utterly, but has not been held to account.

dapaterson said:
It's a LCMM problem, not a supplier issue.

ADM Mat failed utterly, but has not been held to account.

It wouldn’t surprise anyone.

BeyondTheNow said:
I really don’t understand how any of this is a thing when all troops don’t even have, not only the number of cadpat they’re supposed to have, but even the same ones issued across the board. How many can’t even wear div patches yet? Why are we worried about little details (new patches and fancy badges and whatever else) when the big details aren’t being taken care of?

Hmmmm.... let me guess:

Because everyone wants a good score on the 'leading change' bubbles and it's easier to bring in new patches, and write up your PER so it looks good, than actually fixing the root issues?

PuckChaser said:
ADM(Mat) is #$@#ing terrible at their jobs if they cannot figure out how to quickly get a few thousand blue berets on Logistik Unicorp website in a timely fashion. God help us if we ever have a full scale mobilization.

Amen. Brother.

This takes me back to my volunteer days in 1995 for the Ford World's Curling. Our advertising support committee was responsible for turning out dozens and dozens of branded and logo's items (including tens of thousands of collectors pins) for dozens of corporate sponsors. Took four of us a few weeks of part-time work with a three-month lead time to make it happen because the systems for that kind of stuff are out there (and that was over Chinese New Year which--believe it or not--is a major factor). Just takes a little organization. Same for many of these military do-dads--there are dozens of manufacturers of that stuff in Asia that can get it made.

It's not rocket science. If this kind of stuff gives our system stress then the system is way out of whack.

:cheers:

:cheers:

Does anyone have pictures of people wearing the new berets?

Fred Herriot said:
15 May you'll see lots, I believe RCA is first to have their parades.

Fred Herriot said:
Not authorized for wear yet. They are slowly being delivered via Logistik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PuckChaser said:
15 May you'll see lots, I believe RCA is first to have their parades.

All RCEME soldiers will be wearing them on May 15th....it is RCEME Day :p  The Comd CADTC will be at the RCEME School in Borden to do the official blessing.  In Edmonton we will be doing a parade a couple hours later due to the time zones of course.

:sarcasm:Welcome to Red Meat for the Masses.

:Tin-Foil-Hat: It would almost appear from this angle, all these little perks, if that's what you want to call them, the beardforgen, berets, special uniforms for special people and others, all appear to be almost scheduled. Rolled out singly and with great fanfare. Like tossing a rabid racoon into the nursery.

Every time the tribe gets restless, another little button or bow pops up to take the heat and divert the savages. For years, every time we were in crisis mode, someone mentioned boots and all the bad went back in the closet for a bit. They solved that one after about 20 years and they haven't settled on which clothing or equipment crisis they can now move into that magical, mythical spot. :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Honestly this is small stuff.

The units that wanted it are getting it and the ones that didn't are not.

Some people will gripe but eventually it will become the norm and people will move on with their lives. 

SOF got their TAN berets and they seem proud to have it.  Good luck getting them to go back.
Para companies have their maroon beret.  Good for them.
MPs have a red beret.
Guards regiments are getting khaki berets. 

All of them have coloured berets for "reasons".  Reasons that were accepted and approved.

The sooner we all accept that the CAF is a mishmash of identities and uniforms the sooner we can all sleep well at night.

Beret colours won't make us better and it won't make us worse.

Old EO Tech said:
All RCEME soldiers will be wearing them on May 15th....it is RCEME Day [emoji14]  The Comd CADTC will be at the RCEME School in Borden to do the official blessing.  In Edmonton we will be doing a parade a couple hours later due to the time zones of course.
I hope it shows up soon then. Mine was ordered back in Dec, and no deliveries yet.
I don't know anyone here that does have them yet.

Haven't gotten mine yet, but I have an extra month to wait before I have to wear it

sidemount said:
I hope it shows up soon then. Mine was ordered back in Dec, and no deliveries yet.
I don't know anyone here that does have them yet.

I've seen people getting them on Facebook so they are shipping, if you check your logistik corp profile it will have a tracking number if it has shipped

Old EO Tech said:
I've seen people getting them on Facebook so they are shipping, if you check your logistik corp profile it will have a tracking number if it has shipped

Received mine in the post last week but haven't heard of anyone else getting theirs yet.

Old EO Tech said:
No tracking yet, but I will keep an eye on it.
Thanks!

And less than an hour later, tracking info has appeared.
Should have it in a few days

Back