• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dag Hammarskjöld Medal: Looking for NOK

Reccesoldier

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all.

I've just recently become the new Medals Distribution supervisor at DHR and was informed that there are a number of Dag Hammarskjöld Medals that DHR was unable to find the appropriate recipients for.  I started to think that with the large military community on this site we might be able to find some relatives and get these medals to where they belong.

The Dag Hammarskjöld Medal is presented by the United Nations to the families of those who gave their lives in the service of the United Nations. DHR has presented over 100 of these but were unable to find the NOK for the following pers.

Rank / Name / Date of Death / UN Mission
F/O Richard Vaughan EDWARDS 28 April 1966 UNEF
CPL Joseph Paul Réal HUDON 26 December 1985 UNDOF
PTE Denis Auguste Joseph LAMOTHE 16 March 1966 UNEF
MCPL Joseph Raymond LESSARD 01 December 1972 UNFICYP
CPL Emanuel OLIVIER 09 December 1961 UNEF
PTE Joseph Lionel Gilbert PERRON 06 August 1974 UNFICYP
F/O Joseph M.L.P. PICARD 30 April 1966 UNEF
TPR Reginald James WILEY 07 September 1961 UNEF

You can find all the information on the Dag Hammarskjöld Medal at
http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/honours_awards/engraph/chart_display_e.asp?cat=3&ref=DagHammarskjöld.

If you have any information on any of the following please post it here or PM me.

Thanks,

Reccesoldier

I hope you find the families. Nice to see the list has shrunk since the last time I saw it in 03.

Back