• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

currently awaiting most likley a compulsory occ transfer

jed902

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm former reserve infantry  turned nesop i am awaiting a cot due to the fact that i am unfit unstable platform (IE ships motion while at sea) and I'm having difficulty choosing my list of trades i know my med cat limits me to the following

Intelligence Operator standard
Aerospace Telecommunications and Information Systems Technician 
Aircraft Structures Technician 
Aviation Systems Technician
Avionic Systems tech
Imagery Technician standard
Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Resource Management Support Clerk
Communicator Research 
Land Communications and Information Systems Technician 
Meteorological Technician
Aerospace Control Operator – Aerospace Operator
Aerospace Control – Radar Control

as for background I'm sq qualified I'm nesop ql4 qualified i also have the 2810 tech elint course and the pre req math pack completed recently.

I know the natural transitions for nesop are aesop int op and maybe comms research. Im thinking int op mite be good  or maybe i mite totally take a different route and go to a tech trade but I'm having a difficult time deciding . As for Int i would like to know how much elint is involved and is it just correlating it or is it analyzing it is there any collection involved. I'm trying to broaden my knowledge of all the aspects so i can make the most informed decision possible i know there is alot of sub components to int and they are mostly all things i like so i lean towards int but most of the others are of interest to so i am at a loss as to which one to pick. Anything would help like rank progression, specialty courses, postings especially interesting ones like different countries, deployment rates, what you would end up doing on a day to day basis, things like that but anything will help

thanks

jed902 said:
Aerospace Control Operator – Aerospace Operator
Aerospace Control – Radar Control

IIRC, you have to spend time as an AC Op first before they let you go and be a PAR controller.

That one is pretty much out for you i would say.

As for Int i would like to know how much elint is involved and is it just correlating it or is it analyzing it is there any collection involved.

Not sure how much the INT guys do but the analysis and processing at CFEWC is done in good part by AES Ops and NES Ops.

yeah aesop is out and thanks for that on the ac op I didnt know that, and if the int ops dont do processing and analyzing  what do their elint guys do

Back