• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current backlog for flight training?

26point2 said:
Melbatoast, you must be the exception.  Most of us went to Army units, those that went to a wing, only a few of them were involved in anything to do with flying.

If that was recently it probably has to do with budgets being cut, instead ending up attached to whatever was closest. I dunno. I know my unit would and probably still will (I've only been back a short time) take on any wayward OJTs who ended up in non-flying spots at other local units.

OJT placements can be challenging in a time of fiscal-constipation.  Having the $ to move people around geographically, etc.

Even if at a flying Sqn, OJTs, PATs, and UTs are hard to place sometimes - our Sqn does well IMO; Sqn Ops, Trg Co-ord and the odd 'shadower' put on a crew on the Plt/ACSO side of the house.  AES Ops are lucky to have a few Wing sub-units they can be employed with where they learn and do stuff that is relevant to the job on Sqn. 

It is easier for the folks who are already Wings qual'd, but even pre-OFP folks can be given tasks that will have them learning something while producing something for the Sqn.  They get up on flights, even if just as PAXs and that beats staring at the computer ANY day of the week.

Back