• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Curious about a few things

L

lamorea

I am currently 14, turning 15 soon.
When I finish highschool, I hope to join the Canadian Forces, but there is a few things that I don't know/Don't understand

First of all, how "Physically tough" does one have to be? Are we talking average Joe, or like Triathlon runner? how physically demanding is basic training and everything thereafter?

How does an actual day work, when do you wake up, when do you go to sleep, and what time/days (If any) do you have off. Do you spend all your time at the base, If i sign up for 5 years, am I gonna be in the army base for 5 years every night and every morning?

What are the payrates, I have read those tables, but i don't understand it, whats the difference between Basic, 1, 2 and 3?

Where can/do I go to sign up, I live in Oshawa, Ontario, does anyone know any places near-by I can go to?

Thats all I can think of for now, Thank-you for readingĀ  :) I would appreciate a response ASAP, I'll keep checking back here.

Welcome to the forums.Have you read the FAQ and done a search?

I got an error when trying to look at the FAQ post = An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Any suggestions???

*EDIT - Nevermind, I got it working, I'm reading over the FAQ right now.

I dont get the whole, Spec 1, Spec 2, Spec 3, BASE, 1, 2, 3, Can someone explain this for me?

I dont get the whole, Spec 1, Spec 2, Spec 3, BASE, 1, 2, 3, Can someone explain this for me?
Thats your pay rate...skill level dependant

okay, which one of those would i be in apon completion of basic training?

lamorea said:
okay, which one of those would i be in apon completion of basic training?

You would be at the Private 1 level at the very top of theĀ  pay scale page unless you have some other kind of qualifications.

Back