• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CTS rucksack sizing and not being covered under VA

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Is it true that if a member uses the CTS rucksack and they are not properly sized for it before hand(say they borrow a rucksack or use one in an emergency) and they injure themselves they will not be covered under VA?

Probably the same BS that said wearing non issued boots and getting hurt means no coverage.

Jarnhamar said:
Is it true that if a member uses the CTS rucksack and they are not properly sized for it before hand(say they borrow a rucksack or use one in an emergency) and they injure themselves they will not be covered under VA?

All that sort of nausea is junk and a myth that perpetuates that just won't die. 

MJP said:
All that sort of nausea is junk and a myth that perpetuates that just won't die.

Interesting.  Thanks.

This was told to me by a supply tech so it seemed like a legitimate source.

I'm told it's also why supply techs will not issue size medium shoulder straps when someone's cts paperwork says small.  (rucksack fitting being a course I qualified in and witnessed enough guestimation in sizing). 

Jarnhamar said:
Interesting.  Thanks.

I'm told it's also why supply techs will not issue size medium shoulder straps when someone's cts paperwork says small.  (rucksack fitting being a course I qualified in and witnessed enough guestimation in sizing).

And therein lies the problem: we have a rucksack that is so ridiculously complicated that we have to send people away to a course to learn how to size it properly.

Jarnhamar said:
Interesting.  Thanks.

A Supply Tech isn't an expert on what the VA will consider and is talking out of his @ss.

The latter is absolutely true but has little to do with VA and everything to do with entitlement.  If the sizing jig says you are a small then you get a small.  I think it is pure junk and agree with daftandbarmy, but it is the policy.

Back