• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT timeline ( PRes to Reg)

StuffNThings

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,
I have a very specific question regarding CT's, and haven't been able to find answers anywhere else. So I'm hoping I can get answers.

First off I've been contacted by the CT broker informing me that I do not have DP2 on my record. I do have my PLQ complete and I am a MCpl . So I'm a bit confused as to what the implications are for me.

First of all , if I only have DP1 ( and PLQ) on my record , will I go down to Pte upon CTing? I don't care if I do the job of a Pte, I'm just wondering if I will go down to Pte pay?

The next thing: I was told by the broker that a position has been requested. I know I just need to wait, but I'm curious if anyone knows the timeline on the CT process. Now that a position has been requested , about how long till the letter of offer comes in? If it helps I'm a Sig Op and I know the trade is in the Red. The end of the fiscal year is approaching shortly so I'd like to know how likely it is that I'll get in prior to the end of the fiscal year.

And lastly, does anyone know anything about the signing bonus? It was around when we had ACISS, but now the trades have split again and administrative stuff is reorganizing itself again. I don't expect much, but it'd be nice if it still existed.

Any answers are appreciated .
Thanks

Cpl is a protected rank, that should be your start point. You can be a Acting Lacking Cpl without DP2 complete, although I'm cobfused at how your reserve unit put you on PLQ and promoted you without that trade course...

As for timelines, it depends. If the CM has cost move money left, you may get an offer soon. If not, you'll wait till next fiscal year and be stuck waiting for money to post you into your position keeping in mind theres a 30% reduction anticipated for next year.

Cpl is a protected rank, that should be your start point. You can be a Acting Lacking Cpl without DP2 complete, although I'm cobfused at how your reserve unit put you on PLQ and promoted you without that trade course...

As for timelines, it depends. If the CM has cost move money left, you may get an offer soon. If not, you'll wait till next fiscal year and be stuck waiting for money to post you into your position keeping in mind theres a 30% reduction anticipated for next year.
Thanks so much for the info.

Happy to hear I'll be a Cpl. And I don't know if you've been to a reserve unit before. But every reserve unit I've seen is a sh*t show. I honestly don't know how I got my Cpls, then got on PLQ without anyone noticing.

I'm praying that the Sig Op trade hurting plays in my favour and I get out of here soon

Spent 7 years in PRes Sigs, so definitely know what you're talking about. If we weren't in the middle of switching back to our normal trades, I'd recommend you ask for your DP2 ASAP (CFSCE doesn't have the QS/TP done for Sig Op DP2 yet). It'll only make your file stronger.

Worst case scenario they'll make you an A/L Cpl and calculate your PRes time towards an IPC or 2. Need 4 Class A days to 1 RegF day, Class B/C days are 1 to 1. You'll likely get onto your DP2 in short order in the RegF.

Spent 7 years in PRes Sigs, so definitely know what you're talking about. If we weren't in the middle of switching back to our normal trades, I'd recommend you ask for your DP2 ASAP (CFSCE doesn't have the QS/TP done for Sig Op DP2 yet). It'll only make your file stronger.

Worst case scenario they'll make you an A/L Cpl and calculate your PRes time towards an IPC or 2. Need 4 Class A days to 1 RegF day, Class B/C days are 1 to 1. You'll likely get onto your DP2 in short order in the RegF.
I'm considering being a res VEH Tech. Would being at a res unit, say at 32 Service Battalion, be that bad?

Back