• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSOR selectin questions-medical

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
I was speaking with a private who couldn't find answers to some questions I offered to look into it for him.

He's interested in CSOR selection.

Will they accept members who's blood pressure is high?
Will they accept a member who had high blood pressure but took pills to reduce it?
Will they accept someone without 20/20 vision?
Will they accept someone who didn't have 20/20 vision but got laser eye surgery and corrected their vision to 20/20?

I already suggested he email someone from their homepage, he's said he has but hasn't gotten a response.

Cheers

The first two questions would be tricky... I think that's an MO's call really not sure on the medication though I guess it would all depend on how how his blood pressure would be without his drugs. Given the nature of their I would think it would be likely to suppose that e could be without his medication in a working environment and then it would be up to an MO to decide if his high blood pressure would be a risk to him.

The last 2 questions are much simpler. The med cat required for your vision right of of their website is V3 which means vision correctable up to 20/20. And I know guys from my unit and others that hadhad laser eye surgery and applied for CSOR with no issues at all.

Flawed Design said:
Will they accept members who's blood pressure is high?
Will they accept a member who had high blood pressure but took pills to reduce it?
Will they accept someone without 20/20 vision?
Will they accept someone who didn't have 20/20 vision but got laser eye surgery and corrected their vision to 20/20?

1.& 2. depends how high it is...if it is regularly above 140/100, and he is fit and in his 20's then my first question would be "why is it so high?" he should see a doctor. If your on pills to control high BP, you are probably on a catagory. If you are on a TCat or Pcat that is below trade specs (02G2) then they will not take you.

3. Yes, as long as it is corrrectable. There are a few guys who wear glasses who have done SOBQ.

4. Yes, as long (like above) they are not on Med Cat below what they should be.

Applications are all screened by a MO prior to pers being accepted for SOBQ.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the interview process is like for CSOR?

Thanks

ONT said:
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the interview process is like for CSOR?

Thanks

This is about the most information you'll get. More than that, you need to actually go through the process to find out.

http://www.csor.forces.gc.ca/rs/index-eng.asp

Prairie Dog said:
1.& 2. depends how high it is...if it is regularly above 140/100, and he is fit and in his 20's then my first question would be "why is it so high?" he should see a doctor. If your on pills to control high BP, you are probably on a catagory.

Actually, if the BP is stable on the medications and they only need to be seen occasionally, they're (the powers that be) are happy to have them G2O2 (see the 2008 Pearls).  If they are unstable despite medications and have to be followed more frequently, yuppers, they're on a category.  And yes, a fit 20 y.o. might just have something else going on there...

MM

jonathan_power said:
what is medical category 332225 ?
can someone tell me a little about security clearances

You obviously didn't search.

"Medical Category" gave me 9 pages of results. Your best bet here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/37674.0

A little about security clearances, well...how about 16 pages worth found when you type Security Clearance in the search box?

jonathan_power said:
what is medical category 332225 ?
can someone tell me a little about security clearances

If you don't know about this, then that tells me you are not yet in the CF. If that is the case, you have no business even looking at this topic. CSOR selection is restricted to member who have 2 or more yrs of service in the Reg F or Res F.

Other than that...see the above post.

Back