• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

csor as an officer?

lovac

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm finishing up my bachelor degree  (3rd year) and was going to apply to be an infantry officer. I'm 177 cm and 78 kg,  moderately built, and really active.  My end goal is to join CSOR, and I was just wondering what it's like to be an officer in CSOR? What's the training like? What kind of responsibilities and roles do you have to fulfill. I know you need a minimum of 2 years but if you show good promise and attitude could that be shortened?
Responses appreciated
Thanks a lot!

lovac said:
I'm finishing up my bachelor degree  (3rd year) and was going to apply to be an infantry officer. I'm 177 cm and 78 kg,  moderately built, and really active.  My end goal is to join CSOR, and I was just wondering what it's like to be an officer in CSOR? What's the training like? What kind of responsibilities and roles do you have to fulfill. I know you need a minimum of 2 years but if you show good promise and attitude could that be shortened?
Responses appreciated
Thanks a lot!

fat-axl-rose-meme-generator-welcome-to-the-jungle-we-have-lots-of-cake-f0f92e.jpg

:goodpost: :cheers:

2 Years is the MINIMUM but you'll never get it in so short a time. If you joined up under the DEO program after graduating University, you'd still have to do Basic Trg, CAP, Phase 3 Infantry, Phase 4 Infantry, then spend a couple years at your unit actually learning how to be an Infantry Officer in the Battalion. Only then would you Chain of Command be willing to recommend you for CSOR selection.

You also don't need to join the Infantry to join CSOR. I could apply for CSOR  ;D, and I'm a boat driver.

Oh and by the way, some of the fittest most motivated people I know have attempted the special forces selection and come back within the first week.

Good luck!

Would you know what the odds are for being approved for csor training? Would the chances be increased if I didn't apply as an officer?
Yeah I bet the training is mentally  and physically straining, but I'd rather give it all my best  and failing rather than thinking about what if. Does take a certain character but you never know until you're put in that situation  and show your really made of

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Don't worry about the odds, they don't matter as they wont help you prepare for CSOR. Just know that it is difficult, and a lot will be expected of you. Once you are in a position to apply and you still want it, do it. If you get to selection, give it your all and hopefully you can make it to SFC. Once there, again give it your all and don't quit on the mission, your peers, or yourself. Will it be easy? Not at all, but it will be worth it if you can make it to the end.

At this point, just keep working on your physical fitness and challenging yourself. Plus getting your application in, taking care of your admin, etc plus getting your degree. You have a long road ahead of you before you can even get to the stage that you can apply. As well Infantry Officer training will be quite demanding.

lovac said:
Would you know what the odds are for being approved for csor training? Would the chances be increased if I didn't apply as an officer?
Yeah I bet the training is mentally  and physically straining, but I'd rather give it all my best  and failing rather than thinking about what if. Does take a certain character but you never know until you're put in that situation  and show your really made of

No one wants to be lead by an officer with less than two years in a unit, it's a huge learning curve. I would imagine times that by 100 when it comes to a unit deploying all the time like CSOR.
Naturally it's going to be a lot harder getting selected for CSOR as an officer and then passing the course.

Take a look into elite fitness programs for the physical aspect of your ambitions, it's never too early to begin training, and it's better to do so on the right foot. Resistance to injury and your ability to perform is a lot more important than aimlessly doing bicep curls and running marathons.

Bit late to the party but if you want CSOR and Inf Officer, worry first about passing your Inf phase training. I have had a lot of friends, who were real studs, flunk their Inf Phase 3 because it was that tough. I can't imagine what CSOR selection and training will be like.

Good luck.

Back