• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Criminal Records Check - CRC (Merged)

Mudshuvel said:
The application asks "Have you been charged with a crime for which you have not been pardoned". You will have to select yes. Also, the military will be thorough. It will stop you regardless of whether or not you committed it. Unfortunately, your application will not move forward.
Unless you are in recruiting perhaps it's best not to state whose application will move forward or not. As MM says speak to recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PandemicStrange said:
So basically if you have a record expect to get printed am I right?

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

But, you may find these discussions of interest,

Sec. Checks & Fingerprinting
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/13619.25
2 pages.

Fingerprints/youth criminal record 
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OVSZUnJQ8RcJ:https://milnet.ca/forums/index.php%3Ftopic%3D116440.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

See also,

Fingerprints
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+fingerprints&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=vtmIWM-IFuGM8QegnpyQBA&gws_rd=ssl

mariomike said:

But, you may find these discussions of interest,

Sec. Checks & Fingerprinting
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/13619.25
2 pages.

Fingerprints/youth criminal record 
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OVSZUnJQ8RcJ:https://milnet.ca/forums/index.php%3Ftopic%3D116440.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

See also,

Fingerprints
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+fingerprints&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=vtmIWM-IFuGM8QegnpyQBA&gws_rd=ssl

Thanks you're a scholar and a gentlemen. I see you use google and not use the built in search, never find exactly what I'm looking for! Maybe I should give google a try.

mariomike said:
Ha! Tell that to my wife!  :)

Hah, yea I could try. I finished everything and was expecting a job offer call, instead I got told I need them finger prints. Hoping it doesn't take long :p (hoping)

Bonjourno. I just talked to my navy/military councilor and she said that their doing the security screening check. Now, ive been arrested locally on very minor stuff (drinking related) and most was a $100 fine. The major hurdle was the time i got caught with some mary jane and magic shrooms and had to go to the real court house. All i got was a $500 fine for that (lawyer could've had it all dropped because cops fed up the investigation) and c'est tout. I owe no $$ to the court, not on any FBI most wanted list, ain't been arrested or summoned on any open cases...what are the chances i go through? If i was ineligible...wouldn't they have already weaned me out when i already brought my court papers back in December?

Thanks
JR

FlyLikeAnEagle said:
ive been arrested locally on very minor stuff (drinking related) and most was a $100 fine. The major hurdle was the time i got caught with some mary jane and magic shrooms and had to go to the real court house. All i got was a $500 fine for that (lawyer could've had it all dropped because cops fed up the investigation) and c'est tout. I owe no $$ to the court, not on any FBI most wanted list, ain't been arrested or summoned on any open cases...what are the chances i go through? If i was ineligible...wouldn't they have already weaned me out when i already brought my court papers back in December?

Once your online application has been forwarded to your local recruiting centre, they should be able to tell you why your application is delayed. The most common reasons are:
Reliability screening: the reliability screening and security check will take longer if you lived in another country or if you have a criminal record.
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#reasons

Criminal Record (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12896.175
12 pages.

Yeah, court papers. But i should've added that this was back in 2003 and only had a minor blip in 2014 (everywhere else its a fine...here in small town its a "criminal offense"). Non-violent crimes. No theft. Just stupid childish mistakes.

The recruiting staff will not tell you that you're ineligible for enrolment for security reasons. 

The CAF has a third-party company that does the background checks; once they have completed their background check if there are issues that are a hard no for entry the company will not grant the reliability status, if it is iffy (i.e. grey area) than it is forwarded to the CFRC Unit Security Supervisor to make a decision along with the CO. 

Because of above your file will be processed and the Recruiter wouldn't say you're ineligible as that is not within their job description.

Good day,

Last night I was in a parking lot waiting for some people to come out from a store. My car door is open and Im leaning up against it minding my own business. The AC in my car was not working and the night air was cool. This guy pulls up on the side of the open door with so many other open spaces near by. My first thought was " Seriously?". Anyway, I close my door and allow him to park. He then proceeds out of the car and starts engaging me verbally. He starts stating that Im this and that, how people in Canada think everything is a joke and how he wanted to punch me. I tell him to chill but if starts trying to make good on what he said I would wreck him.
    He goes into the convenience store and then my friends walk out. My friends walk out to the car stating there was some crazy guy cursing and acting erratic. He walks out, realizes there are 5 people now instead of just me and begins talking about stabbing me if there were no cameras. Surprisingly, my main concern was how this situation could potentially snowball to affect my application. We verbally spar for the next 5 min.  I have a clean record, never been involved with the law. If this did turn into a 1v1 fight, im sure someone would have called the police and I would be in the back of a police cruiser.
    Safe to say that my application to RCAF would be thrown out the window at that point?

Regards

A police report with your involvement in an incident, whomever the protagonist or victim would be considered, would not a criminal conviction for you make.

You could direct how the incident would be seen by proactively engaging the police and reporting the individual (uttering a threat of bodily harm is itself an indictable or summary offence in Section 264.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada - Uttering Threats).

Uttering threats

264.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who, in any manner, knowingly utters, conveys or causes any person to receive a threat:
(a) to cause death or bodily harm to any person;
(b) to burn, destroy or damage real or personal property; or
(c) to kill, poison or injure an animal or bird that is the property of any person.

Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under paragraph (1)(a) is guilty of:
(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

:2c:

Regards
G2G

what does the Criminal Record Check for the Canadian Armed Forces consist of when joining.

Just a criminal record name check for conviction and charged laid against you in Canada or as well as Vulnerable sector check.

Is it as simple as any criminal convictions, charges pending etc or as well as traffic tickets, police reports , Civil Resulation Tribunal etc

Thanks

The Criminal Record check is only one part of the Security Background Check.

While it doesn't always happen, assume that everything about your past is going to be check - including criminal convictions, charges pending, unpaid traffic tickets, police reports, vulnerable sector check etc.

If you have pending legal issues in play while attempting to join the CAF you need to get them resolved before you're able to join.

i got arrested yesterday for shoplifting and have court in the upcoming month. Now before you call me scum, i know what i did was wrong and i don't intend on doing it on purpose again. So, i was wondering if this will prevent me from joining up/halt my enlistment as i was planning on registering this summer after I'm done highschool. I'm 18 and a dumbass. Please help

You need to have no outstanding commitment to the legal system (finish any probation and community service. Perhaps you can speak with your lawyer about pleading guilty and getting an absolute discharge. Criminal convictions MAY also have an effect on your security clearance if you're trying to join a trade that needs Secret or above for your initial trade's training.

amitsnow said:
i got arrested yesterday for shoplifting and have court in the upcoming month. Now before you call me scum, i know what i did was wrong and i don't intend on doing it on purpose again. So, i was wondering if this will prevent me from joining up/halt my enlistment as i was planning on registering this summer after I'm done highschool. I'm 18 and a dumbass. Please help

You also need to use proper capitalization. Many users around here will appreciate posters who present themselves in a professional manner, especially if they’re taking the time to read your post and answer. You’re already humbling yourself by openly admitting what you did was stupid and you’re fully expecting to be judged because of it. So put some extra effort into how seriously you want to be taken.

Site conduct & guidelines:
https://army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

amitsnow said:
The part I've changed to orange font causes me grave concern.  So, although you won't do it on purpose, you are leaving the door open to doing it by accident?

amitsnow said:

While I don't have a crystal ball, and cannot see the future, let me put it this way:

Lets say for example we have one spot available for whatever position you are applying for. Now, we have two applicants (yourself and someone else - lets say Joe.) applying for that job. You and Joe are exactly the same in every regard, scored the same on aptitude, both physically fit, motivated, with the same qualifications - but you have a criminal record (and a recent one at that) and Joe doesn't. Who do you think is going to be selected?

Despite the fact we seem to be consistently having difficulty filling positions, we have no shortage of applicants. The CF can (and should) afford to be picky. The CF has all the power in this scenario and no one is owed a job.

You may not like this answer, but you also made the choice to shoplift.

Finally, you cannot have any ongoing court/legal commitments prior to joining. If this saga drags on, you'll likely be politely asked to resolve your outstanding legal issues before applying again.

I hope you have found some maturity in getting caught realizing your mistakes and how they can set you up for failure later in life. You may get in, you may not. I'd strongly advise not to commit theft again (whether accidently or otherwise).

If you do get in, remember - everyone hates a thief in the barracks.

And if you lie on your application and do not disclose your pending court dates, you will be dismissed, released under item 1D. Not a good thing.

garb811 said:
The part I've changed to orange font causes me grave concern.  So, although you won't do it on purpose, you are leaving the door open to doing it by accident?

The grammar and sentence structure I learned in highschool seems to have left me in my time of need. I'll try and improve on further post and replies I make. Just so its impeccably clear, I will not commit theft under any circumstance from here on out moving forward. You guys can hold me to my word.

Back