• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crazy Stunts and Pranks done on course or taskings

Thompson_JM

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm hopeing this hasnt been done before.....

after watching Jarhead and the field fun scene, i got to thinking of all the pranks and stuff weve done on courses and taskings to break up the monotony

on one tasking we came up with a plan for a slingshot. the idea was to be able to launch water balloons from our side of camp, onto the cadet CIC side of camp..... sadly we never got it to go more then about 80 meters. but it was constructed  of two mop handles each attached to a garden shed, with about 10 bungee cords attached to each, and a plastic funnel in the middle to hold the ammo.

the golden moment was when one of the guys managed to get the target (we took turns sitting in a lawnchair downrange. wearing our helmet since hey. we gotta be safe right?) right between the legs with a balloon.. it was a perfect shot.

that one and the time we mooned our instructor through the plexiglass window of a 2 ton TCV... Bonus points for doing it directly in front of CFSAL in borden. to the two guys who did it. man... I still giggle about it from time to time....

anyways, im sure you guys all have some good stories.
lets hear em!

Your stunts remind me of when I was in training in Chilliwak during the second WW.  We were out in the demolition area learning how to use the various explosives, well at lunch break after we had finished eating some of the lads were taking a nap and one practical joker was sound asleep with his steel helmet in the powdery dust beside him when one of the fellows decided it would be fun to wake him up with a bang.  The bang in this case was to be provided with a dynamite cap under his helmet.  It was all prepared and well sealed with the powdery dust, well it went off with a bang but it split the steel helmet in three or four pieces. Oh yes it woke him up alright.

Cpl Thompson said:
the golden moment was when one of the guys managed to get the target (we took turns sitting in a lawnchair downrange. wearing our helmet since hey. we gotta be safe right?) right between the legs with a balloon.. it was a perfect shot.

Good job, I'm wiping the milk/candy off of my screen.

Aahh That's brilliant  ;D

jaykel said:
Your stunts remind me of when I was in training in Chilliwak during the second WW.   We were out in the demolition area learning how to use the various explosives, well at lunch break after we had finished eating some of the lads were taking a nap and one practical joker was sound asleep with his steel helmet in the powdery dust beside him when one of the fellows decided it would be fun to wake him up with a bang.   The bang in this case was to be provided with a dynamite cap under his helmet.   It was all prepared and well sealed with the powdery dust, well it went off with a bang but it split the steel helmet in three or four pieces. Oh yes it woke him up alright.
I'd tend to call something like this just plain stupid, and quite possibly criminal.
:brickwall:
Glad times have changed a little bit.

I have always loved  putting pastic wrap on the crap  and using a blow dryer to  make it look super clear.    Works  VERY well if the person is drunk when they use it.  Foot power in boots is a good one also,  but some people get skin irritation to the foot powder

In the early 80's in Cold Lake we used to pick on the newer Pilots... my favorite was marshalling the jets on start up... after the Pilot had started the CF-5 Freedom Fighter... and checked all his systems... we would remove the chokes and taxi him forward and then do a last chance check...

Before he did the short taxi... one of the lads would sneak under the aircraft with a spare nose wheel assembly... when all was ready I would back up even further than normal and give the signal to remove the rope chocks... I would then use the signals a little faster... forcing the pilot to use more throttle....when I then started to raise my arms to give the brake signal...the guy underneath the jet would throw a rope chock into the path of the main wheel... as the Pilot appied the brakes and the wheel jumped over the chock... this usually caused the newbie pilot to slam on the brakes causing a heavy nose down force on the oleo (Nose wheel strut)... the guy under the plane would then roll the nose wheel assebly forward.... it would then roll and wobble into the Pilots field of view... this combined with the heavy nose down bounce and going over the rope chock was more than enough to cause the Pilot to think he had just broken his nose wheel off... of course the other Pilots in the other planes starting could see what was happening and all had a good laugh...except for the student pilot...  I am just glad none had decided to eject... that would have been bad.

Cheers
Popurhedoff

Back