• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crayon gun dad seeks justice

Sythen

Subscriber
Reaction score
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/05/20120523-173017.html

OTTAWA -- The Ontario family that was put through hell because of a child's kindergarten drawing is back on their feet and ready to fight, while the police department involved still hasn't decided if it messed up.

Jessie Sansone, a 26-year-old father of four, is speaking with a new lawyer. He says he's trying to get justice after he was arrested, strip-searched, and held in a cell while his home was searched by police and his children taken away by social workers for interviews.

Their ordeal began after his four-year-old daughter, Nevaeh, drew a picture of him fighting monsters and bad guys in her Kitchener classroom, and it ended with the discovery of a clear plastic toy gun.

More on link. This was discussed a lot in the gun control debate thread, but since it might take a life of its own on, I decided to start a new topic. If mods disagree, just move to that thread.

EDIT: err wrong board. Can it be moved please?

This story seriously blows my mind. And while I am not one of those "sue" type people...I think I would in this case if I was the father.

This is beyond disturbing. Sue them and make them pay for an invasion into your life for no just cause.

Far too many agencies are abusing their powers, especially if they claim to have "zero tolerence", since there is no critical thought filter before acting.

Instead of a lawsuit we might consider riding the perps out fo town on a rail (after tarring and feathering...)

This can probably serve as exhibit "A" for those who fail to understand why I don't automatically hold various public services in high regard.

Sythen:

Can you repost the link or find a different one with the same story? I tried it and it came up with an error indicating the article had either been moved or no longer exists.

While I think this particular incident is COMPLETELY outlandish. Zero tolerance is created by lobby groups and lawyers. Police dont like having discretion taken away- it always winds up stupid. More stupid then we usually wind up on our own (which can be pretty dumb)

Container said:
While I think this particular incident is COMPLETELY outlandish. Zero tolerance is created by lobby groups and lawyers. Police dont like having discretion taken away- it always winds up stupid. More stupid then we usually wind up on our own (which can be pretty dumb)

A classic case of rule by regulation, rather than law. Self appointed social engineers toil away creating ever more regulations to stifle individual action by the average citizen.

Law enforcement  lost all sense of balance after 9/11. I want my damn rights back. The libs just removed freedom of assembly and freedom of association in Quebec. Crayon dad is just the thin end of the wedge.

I hope this opens up a can of worms in our borderline communist state!

Nemo888 said:
Law enforcement  lost all sense of balance after 9/11. I want my damn rights back. The libs just removed freedom of assembly and freedom of association in Quebec. Crayon dad is just the thin end of the wedge.

Wait....what? That might be an over exageration- you do realize the "assembly's" in Quebec are throwing Molotov cocktails on police officers right?

Container said:
Wait....what? That might be an over exageration- you do realize the "assembly's" in Quebec are throwing Molotov cocktails on police officers right?

Who taught the the BA drop outs how to make Molotov Cocktails? I thought the engineers were still going to classes  ;)

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Who taught the the BA drop outs how to make Molotov Cocktails? I thought the engineers were still going to classes  ;)

Apparently now that they are not going to classes, they have lots of time to look things up on the internet.

No self respecting engineering student would use something as rudimentary as a Molotov Cocktail. THey would more likely spend the time and effort to produce a trebuchet, catapult, or ballista. ;D

Link to the story

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/05/22/19787246.html 

Container said:

Why aren't police snipers taking the heads off the criminals throwing the Molotov cocktails?

Nemo888 said:

In the very unlikely event that this was to become a wider problem, it is the members of this board, and you I assume, that would likely be assisting in the removal of those rights of yours.  AND, if so, it will likely be a lawful command.  Are ya gonna strip your uniform and join the mob?  In South Africa the Apartheid supporters believed the army would go over to their side, but, as the SA C of C said the army officers and NCOs choose to follow the path of their pensions and stick with the government.

Container said:
Nemo888 said:
Ah, welcoming back the Black Bloc.... 

Nemo888 said:
The libs just removed freedom of assembly and freedom of association in Quebec.

They have done no such thing.

I want my damn rights back

I want my right not to be subjected to your tripe. Come to think of it, i have it. You're going on ignore.

Back