• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl. Felix Ngoviky Facing Court Martial- Toronto Sun Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much. As far as the CSM tells me, this could have been dealt with at a much lower level.

Yes, those offences may be tried by Summary Trial however the accused had the right to elect a CM for the charge of disobeying a lawful command, so for all we know at this point, that is what happened

What I was getting at was there are 5 charges that the NDA states are to be tried at the Summary Trial level only and not by CM - was trying to remember if those were included.

MM

Those 5 (Insubordination, Quarrels and Disturbances, Absence without Leave, Drunkenness and some charges pursuant to Conduct contrary to Good Order and Discipline) only remove the right of the accused to elect for CM; there are other factors which could result in the charge being dealt with via CM, such as if the CO determines their powers of punishment are inadequate given the gravity of the allegation.

Locked.

No more Matlocking needed by the Ironsides of the site.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

PS,

A very good and wise friend pointed out something to me.  I meant The show that starred Raymond Burr as the wheelchair-using Chief of Detectives, Robert T. Ironside., not the call sign.....

ironside-raymond-burr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back