• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CPGear Photo Contest: November 2009

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Time to get back on track, and for once I'm actually starting a contest a day early! This month's theme is pretty wide open: Anything Military-esque. So upload your hero shots from Afghanistan, your souvenirs of your time training the Belize Coast Guard, or just you with your own personal gun collection.

As always, the winner gets a $80 CPGear gift certificate to entice participation.

Standard Contest Rules Apply:

• All photos must conform with the Conduct Guidelines.
  • There are no limitations on photo subject, location, etc., except as noted above.
  • The winner will receive an $80 CPGear gift certificate as a prize.
  • You can enter as many photos as you like.
  • Photos must be uploaded into the Photo Contest album in the photo gallery in order to be eligible.
  • The winning entry will be selected based on rating and views. If there is a tie, or other factors will be used.
  • The contest closes at midnight ET on November 30th, 2009, though ratings of existing may continue for a few days beyond that.
  • OPSEC/PERSEC must be observed at all times.
  • All uploaded photos will be retained by Milnet.ca and may be used at a later date.
  • Photos must not be offensive in nature.
  • Photos from previous Milnet.ca Photo Contests are not eligible.
  • Photos must be original, or have permission from the original copyright holder.

Related links:

Remember, be creative, unique or humorous to increase your chances of winning. Good luck, and don't forget to rate the photos that others enter! (Yes, you can even rate your own photo - once.) If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Cheers
Mike

All,

As much as I love DirtyDog's photo, he'd probably feel better about winning if he had some competition! ;) Surely there are some more photos to go into the hat for this month's contest...

Dig out what you have and hit the upload form.

Two pictures so far... I'm sure we can coax out a few more!

One more for the masses.  Tried to go for my "hero" photo, but can't find it.

Vote away folks, I need a new pillow case  LOL 

... :piper: or perhaps Matt could make me a CADPAT bagpipe cover.... 8)

Yeah, now we're talking! Now all we need are some votes! :)

http://milnet.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16657

Mike Bobbitt said:
Yeah, now we're talking! Now all we need are some votes! :)

http://milnet.ca/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16657

Tried to vote, but I don't see the voting stars?  I haven't checked out a monthly photo contest for quite awhile, so I'm not sure if things have changed?

Check to make sure that you're logged in there.  For some reason, even when you link from here, I find that you have to log in with your normal milnet.ca account and password.

Technoviking said:
Check to make sure that you're logged in there.  For some reason, even when you link from here, I find that you have to log in with your normal milnet.ca account and password.

I tried that too and no luck.  It won't accept my usual password (which I know still works, because I've used it to log in today).  It's not a different password for the photo gallery is it?  I can't use the 'recover password' link because the email attached to my account is my work one.  Mike??

It should be the same password as your forum account... if not, it might be your "old" forum password, if you changed it after creating the gallery account.

C'mon folks,

Get in there and vote for me!!!

main.php

I would love to get one of these babies, so I can have a little LCF (look cool factor) as I strut my civvy ass around the various bases I work.

2013-1_zoom.jpg

I would even add my name tag to it, so I feel like it's the old days....BTW I would also go with Olive Drab, for the Old school look.

puppyeyes.jpg

ps, I have never won anything here....really not even an argument.....

dileas

tess

Tess, If you vote for me, I'll vote for you.  I never could resist voting for a man in a  :piper: and that bashful dog picture won me over.

leroi said:
Tess, If you vote for me, I'll vote for you.  I never could resist voting for a man in a  :piper: and that bashful dog picture won me over.

Done,

I like the old soldier Picture!

dileas

tess

I would vote for a Sergeant Piper, but I don't know how. Especially after watching "Tunes of Glory". ( "Ye can have a wee drink, laddie, but you're no here to get sick drunk like the rest of us!" ). That's the cutest little puppy I ever saw. He knows he's been bad!

the 48th regulator said:
C'mon folks,

Get in there and vote for me!!!

main.php

LCF improves with an Air Force Kilt and playing away in parade!!!    :wink:

I would love to get one of these babies, so I can have a little LCF (look cool factor) as I strut my civvy *** around the various bases I work.

2013-1_zoom.jpg

I would even add my name tag to it, so I feel like it's the old days....BTW I would also go with Olive Drab, for the Old school look.

puppyeyes.jpg

Aaaaah, no fair!  Using a cute puppy should be illegal...Mike!!??

ps, I have never won anything here....really not even an argument.....

dileas

tess

leroi said:

Hmm, perhaps i should post a photo of me in my kilt from the band ??    ;)

BYT Driver, yes please post your picture!!! :nod:

We can never have enough pictures of men in kilts!

leroi said:
BYT Driver, yes please post your picture!!! :nod:

We can never have enough pictures of men in kilts!

Aha,

leroi, a woman in a kilt is much better!

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Aha,

leroi, a woman in a kilt is much better!

dileas

tess

hear-hear!!!  True Scot Redheads are even better.

leroi..I shall see what I can do...they've yet to see fit to fit me for one at the band..should be later in January when I get my pipes too!!  :piper:  I may have to steal my son's for a photo!!      ;-)

Back