• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CP Gear Tac-Vest Hyration Harness Review Lots of picture's

trencher

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Well since i was issued my tac-vest over 5 years ago. Ive been always wanting some way of integrating the Hydration bladder and carrier to the tac-vest without creating a strapping jungle. So last year i saw CP Gear released the there tac-vest hydration harness assembly and the pic's they had on there site did not sell me 100% so i hessitated in purchasing it. So i ordered up a few things and here is my review on it. I have not used it in the field yet, I will be possibly deploying to haiti in the next few day's

So my thoughts over all. The over all material used is the exact same as the CF Tac-vest and the buckels are same company also. The overall quality is great the seams are straight the sewing is very well done and reinforced and thick thread was used to sew it together.The grab handle is very well reinforced and will hold up well. The over sholder straps have a few more cross straps so you can attach more items or what ever tou wish to attach to it.
The over shoulder straps are well sewn on and are square stiched and crossed stiched for heavy duty use.

Now my only complaint on the whole thing is that where the 6 buckels attach to the center harness are not like the CF Tac-Vest in the pic i posted you can see where the straps go from one side to the other and will hold lots of weight. The CP Gear only attaches it to the back piece via 2 thread seams. I personaly think its not enough but we will see how it holds up. The grab handle could be a bit wider it fits my hand fine but im i have smaller then normal persons's hands.

Pics
DSC01408.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

Nice looking piece of kit. The site pics led me to believe it was attached to the existing webbing. Now I see it is an entire piece to replace the rear portion of the vest. Methinks I'll be gettin one for the upcoming warm season.

Yes i was under the same impression and i held off on buying it till i called and talked to them and matt explained how they designed it.

Im going to mod two things on it but other then that i am realy impressed and i think it will hold more weight then the orig tak vest piece.

Can you use this WITHOUT the Tact-Vest? I'm looking for one which I could use with my tact vest and take it off when I'm not using the vest.

Sukintu said:
Can you use this WITHOUT the Tact-Vest? I'm looking for one which I could use with my tact vest and take it off when I'm not using the vest.

This isn't, but they do have a carrier for the bladder if you want. You can also buy a Camelbak or similar.

Nope this one is sewed on to a new back piece.

You could get this one and figure a way to put it on the back of the TV or get a camel back and clip it on or just strap it over the TV.

This one is nice and when the bladder is out you dont feel it at all.

I wore it around the house and shop and even with the ruck on and bladder in place full of water it fits niceley in the upper back hump.

Hi everyone!

Is it a mandatory in canadian forces to wear the shoulder pads/guards as well ontop of all these gears? I'm just wondering how will you guys wear the tac-vest and camelback with that shoulder pads altogether.

Btw, trencher, where or what store did you buy your hydration pack and how much? Does the military pay for it or it came from your own pocket? Im just asking because i play a lot of scenario paintball-woodsball games.  Thank you!

The Ballistic Vest goes underneath the Tactical Vest.........

Spear... Read the title of thread. It tells you exactly where to buy this from.

This hydration pack is from cpgear also the tak vest is worn over the ballistic vest

www.cpgear.ca is the website.

I am assuming that you are from out of town/country and might not know about it.

Enjoy, you will be able to find lots of Canadian equipment for your gaming.

Thank you folks!  Yes i'm from ontario, and i didn't know what was a "quartermaster's stores" means if it is an actual name of a store within an army barracks or something else.  Yep, my first time hearing about this CPGEAR though i'm aware about  the cadpat digital tech camo.  We usually buy our gears from canadian paintball too.  Actually i also just bought a camelback from a military surplus store down at dufferin and hwy401 last week before i joined this forum, that's why trencher's new tac-vest caught my attention, cuz' it looks nice and like the digi camo on it.  :nod:

Back