• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Course of action

jswift872

Inactive
Reaction score
I was looking for advice from you people in regards to an event that took place..

2 weeks ago as my dp1 course was winding down our warrant told us we needed to send "extra" kit home in preparation for ARCON, so i put a barrack box and a duffle bag into the box that was "being shipped to the armouries from aldershot" all was well and good, then after ARCON me and afew others who sent stuff home went to get our stuff when we got back...we were told it got sent to gagetown and that it would be in the next day. So i go in sunday august 28 and get told that nothing showed up, and that i need to write a memo to get my stuff back from gagetown, in which we were told was going to be sent home to the Halifax armouries.

What should i do?

a) write a memo and get my stuff back in November, if ever and use all the money i made replacing issued kit, let alone my personal stuff
b)call the BOR and demand my stuff
c)go to gagetown my own frigen self and get it, (don't know where though, so this one is just blowing steam)

what's the best way to handle this?

I have a quick question.  When they said write a memo, where did the November part come in?  Did I miss something?  ???

If you were told to write a memo, you should do just that.  Use your chain of command and state the facts and only the facts.  Don't speculate in your memo on whether or not you will ever get your kit back etc.  Good luck and hope it all works out.

Submit the memo, requesting the chain of command to help find the missing kit.

Use it as an opporunity to identify exactly what is missing (attach a detailed inventory) and when and how it went missing. Specify who told you to do what and when. By providing all that detail, if the worst happens and it cannot be found, you've got a record for the follow-on investigation, request for write-off of issued items and (possibly) claim against the crown for personal items.

Back