• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Correct me if I am wrong (photo)

Bzzliteyr

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that the butt from an MP5 that I see the Colonel of the NCE holding? I mean aside from the cigarette.. Is that a regular issue item? Or was it perhaps given due to his status? I am just wondering if anyone has any info on this picture??

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/photoarchive/HiRes/%212004/042804/IS2004-2039a%20copy.jpg

Bzz

I noticed that before too. Sure looks like an MP5 of some sort.

It is an MP5...maybe they are starting to get a little more widely distributed in the CF.

Most likely a MP5A1/A3 with a mag clamp(doubler). The same used on CF NCBP (Non-compliant Boarding Parties) like those on the HMCS Halifax.

It does seem like they‘re more widely used now than ever before.

I‘m curious why a LCol rates an MP5. Does anybody here know how common they are and who gets them (other then the KFC-2 types)

I‘m -more- curious what the deal is with that knife rig on his right thigh...

its a picture from combat camera website, with each picture comes a description, in the description it said his rank and position

"Colonel Alain Tremblay (L), Commanding Officer of the National Command Element (NCE), looks out over Kabul from TV Hill, an observation post overlooking the Afghan capital. "

Ummmm CI the MP5 is the standard weapon for any Naval Boarding Teams (not just the HMCS Halifax)... we take them with us all the time. We no longer use a mag clamp because that would leave one magazine completely exposed to the elements. The MP5A1 has not been used in years, our version is the MP5N

It‘s probably more than likely a picture of someone that is in JTF. They are the only ones that use MP5‘s. Other than the naval boarding parties, but as you can see, he isn‘t on a boat. I was demo for a course a while ago where we had some JTF as candidates, and they used MP5‘s instead of the C7, because they have choices as to what they want to use for weapons. As for that smoke, I didn‘t know the forces took pics of troops smoking and put them for public display, seems kinda strange to me

Originally posted by armyguy916:
[qb] Other than the naval boarding parties, but as you can see, he isn‘t on a boat. [/qb]
hehe... I dont know why, but that made me chuckle...

The MP5N has an integral RAS system.
The JTF-2 and Naval weapon can‘t be the N because the foregrip is the tac light version. The HK MP5N has a picatinny rail system.

I didn‘t mean that it was only on the HMCS Halifax, just that the Halifax NCBP used the name SMG.
I believe, that it is the MP5A3 under a CF designation. On the most currect CF arms posters I believe it doesn‘t state what model it was, just simply HK MP5.

If it is indeed the MP5A3 then it would have a SEF trigger grouping, and A3 pistol grip, and a 3-lug flashhider.

I aware of the exposed mag but don‘t some NCBP and some JTF-2 operators use an MP5 series Redi-Mag system?

Yeah...
My question is, since when does the CF issues smokes? And what kind? Is it possible to smoke colts? Or perhaps colts mild?

Why is it so hard to understand that the people in Afghan may be getting kit and wpns special because they are on a high priority sexy mission? This is just like the discussion on the clothing thread the other day...the special C9. The Col may have gotten himself a MP5 for his personal protection....after all RHIP.

Oh yeah, and don‘t forget its 3 R22R over there and they do get everything they ask for.

Originally posted by CI Phlipster:
[qb] The JTF-2 and Naval weapon can‘t be the N because the foregrip is the tac light version. The HK MP5N has a picatinny rail system.
[/qb]
Aren‘t you a cadet? Isn‘t Ex-dragoon in the navy?

Originally posted by Just a Sig Op:
[qb]
Originally posted by CI Phlipster:
[qb] The JTF-2 and Naval weapon can‘t be the N because the foregrip is the tac light version. The HK MP5N has a picatinny rail system.
[/qb]
Aren‘t you a cadet? Isn‘t Ex-dragoon in the navy? [/qb]
Yes, but I am certain of that weapon‘s designation.

I am not a cadet. And I sure I receive you point.
I respect his knowledge as Ex-dragoon is more attune to naval aspect of the CF.

Originally posted by Armymedic:
[qb] Why is it so hard to understand that the people in Afghan may be getting kit and wpns special because they are on a high priority sexy mission? This is just like the discussion on the clothing thread the other day...the special C9. The Col may have gotten himself a MP5 for his personal protection....after all RHIP.

Oh yeah, and don‘t forget its 3 R22R over there and they do get everything they ask for. [/qb]
It‘s just been, up till now, special weapons have been reserved to operational situations under naval NCBP and JTF-2. I think its a step in a good direction, if a step at all, to allow a more flexible weapons systems to soldiers who are on the front lines.

Agreed, the vandoos is it, get what they want... heck they‘ve got a TV show too.

You guy‘s have to agree on one thing....he has nice kit altogether.

I like his knife holster.

That reminded me of something. Is their an actual holster used for pistols? Anytime I‘ve seen someone in a picture it‘s just stuck in one of the C7 magazine pockets.

Also where would you carry any extra pistol mags?

Only the JTF have knife holsters
i think the JTF are allowed to smoke and walk around anywhere they want too.
:)

Well cadet or not you have no clue about CF weapons.The MP5N designation applies to MP5 with the 3 lug and threaded barrel,ambi. safety and picto gram lower (safe,semi,full).It was developed for the US Navy SEALS and adopted worldwide.What ever is on the handguard has no bearing on the "N" designation.
There is no such thing as an integral RAS for the MP5,RAS isa trade marked term from Kinight‘s Armament Corp,which is a removable handguard with a series of M1913 Picatinney rails on it for the attachment of various devices.

Here is a pic of the current issue MP5N in canadian service and what buddy in the pic above is holding

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-mp5.htm

Back