• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Correct me if I am wrong (photo)

Then I stand corrected. I was mistaken.

Thanks for the info MG34.

Originally posted by MG34:
[qb]you have no clue about CF weapons.[/qb]
Well obviously I do have a clue, but thank you for correcting me.

SCM77...

Yes there is a proper holster for the BH Pistol. Infact there are at least three in service (that I know of).

One has a I-82 pattern pull tab on it, and has a space for a CLP bottle and extra mag on the outside of it. This is the one I like the best. It is also the oldest, and most people do not like it much because they like shinny things better. I wear mine on an old I-62 pistol belt, and it seems to work just fine. I never put mine on the old I-82 webbing as I take my webbing off quite often to putter about (like in a CP, or treating patients) and did not fancy leaving my pistol with the webbing. Wone loose the I-62 pistol belt, under the I-82 webbing allows the holster to hand in the correct position. I still left that side (as space where the pistol holster should go) of my webbing empty to allow me to access it quickly, if God forbbid I woule need to. The RQMS wanted them back sometime ago to issue the UM84 style holster and I had to fight to keep it.

Another is an American one. It is a Bianchi UM84 Pistol Holster. It comes with a "hip extender" and a place to hold 2 mags. It also has this leg strap that goes around your thigh. Last deployment I was issued one of these, and I was glad that I brought my old I-82 model with me. If found this leg strap rubs and it never seems to hang quite right when I am moving in and out of vehicles all the time.

http://www.militarycraft.com/index.php/product/183/467/?ads=no

The third type is an underarm holster. It has room for 2 mags on the opposite underarm position. Never tried it, but I do not fancy carrying my pistol under my arm. I also do not suspect that it would be usable with the Tactical Vest.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

MC

Originally posted by CI Phlipster:
[qb] Then I stand corrected. I was mistaken.

Thanks for the info MG34. [/qb]
Now don‘t you wish you hadn‘t said you were ‘certain‘ ;)

Here is the atached picture description I found for the photo IS2004-2039A
when doing a search for it at http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/find_e.asp

English/Anglais
IS2004-2039a
27 April, 2004
Kabul, Afghanistan

Colonel Alain Tremblay (L), Commanding Officer of the National Command Element (NCE), looks out over Kabul from TV Hill, an observation post overlooking the Afghan capital.

Canadian troops are in Afghanistan as part of Operation ATHENA, Canada's contribution to the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Kabul.

Operation ATHENA began in August 2003 and is currently scheduled to end in August 2005. At this time, ISAF comprises 6,500 troops from 35 nations, commanded by Canadian Lieutenant-General Rick Hillier.

Photo: Sgt Frank Hudec, Canadian Forces Combat Camera

French/Français
IS2004-2039a
Le 27 avril 2004
Kaboul (Afghanistan)

MedCorps said:
SCM77...

Yes there is a proper holster for the BH Pistol.  Infact there are at least three in service (that I know of).  

One has a I-82 pattern pull tab on it, and has a space for a CLP bottle and extra mag on the outside of it.  This is the one I like the best.  It is also the oldest, and most people do not like it much because they like shinny things better.  I wear mine on an old I-62 pistol belt, and it seems to work just fine.  I never put mine on the old I-82 webbing as I take my webbing off quite often to putter about (like in a CP, or treating patients) and did not fancy leaving my pistol with the webbing.  Wone loose the I-62 pistol belt, under the I-82 webbing allows the holster to hand in the correct position.  I still left that side (as space where the pistol holster should go) of my webbing empty to allow me to access it quickly, if God forbbid I woule need to.  The RQMS wanted them back sometime ago to issue the UM84 style holster and I had to fight to keep it.

Another is an American one.  It is a Bianchi UM84 Pistol Holster.  It comes with a "hip extender" and a place to hold 2 mags.  It also has this leg strap that goes around your thigh.  Last deployment I was issued one of these, and I was glad that I brought my old I-82 model with me.  If found this leg strap rubs and it never seems to hang quite right when I am moving in and out of vehicles all the time.  

http://www.militarycraft.com/index.php/product/183/467/?ads=no

The third type is an underarm holster.  It has room for 2 mags on the opposite underarm position.  Never tried it, but I do not fancy carrying my pistol under my arm.  I also do not suspect that it would be usable with the Tactical Vest.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

MC

MedCorps,

The UM84 also came with a chest rig which was a pain in the butt when worn over the LBV.

And the thing they all have in common is they all are inadequate for the job...JUNK!!! The flap kolster while it does do a good job of securing the pistol it also is very slow to draw from.The bianchi UM-84 was designed for the Beretta 92,not the Browning,it does not adequately secure the pistol,the drop leg attachment is just plain weak,and the single thigh strap is too thin and come loose .I use none of the above but purchased my own made by Eagle.It has a thumbbreak system with a lock,a wide elastic thigh strap that doesn't come loose at all,it is a far superior rig than the issued junk.
Under arm holster are not a good idea either for several reasons ,not the least of which is in a vehicle they are awkward to draw from,there are serious safety concerns as well as when you draw you sweep your own body with the muzzle,and other troops around you as well.

MG 34,

Do you have a pict or a link you could post with your Eagle holster? 

Interested to see what else is out there.

Cheers,

MC

Like this one but in green

p_SAS-MKIII.jpg

Good tactical holsters are fairly common,Blackhawk,Eagle,Assault Systems,Safariland,Fobus,Bladetech,and a whole wack of others make them .Just do a search on the net,look for what you need.

Brangwyn Jones said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but is that the butt from an MP5 that I see the Colonel of the NCE holding?  I mean aside from the cigarette.. Is that a regular issue item? Or was it perhaps given due to his status?  I am just wondering if anyone has any info on this picture??
Bzz

In response to your question, yes it is an MP5 and no it is not just for higher ups although he did carry one quite a bit. There are 5 held by NCE for SSE.

Cheers
Soleman.

Elaborate please.. why would they have 5? and what would make him entitled to one?? "look cool factor" for the pictures?

Mod Edit:

Post deleted pending review if OPSEC was violated. Soleman, in the event it was not an OPSEC violation you may repost.

Ex Dragoon

armyguy916 said:
It's probably more than likely a picture of someone that is in JTF.  They are the only ones that use MP5's. Other than the naval boarding parties, but as you can see, he isn't on a boat.  I was demo for a course a while ago where we had some JTF as candidates, and they used MP5's instead of the C7, because they have choices as to what they want to use for weapons.  As for that smoke, I didn't know the forces took pics of troops smoking and put them for public display, seems kinda strange to me

Its his best John Wayne pose. However your wrong about only boarding parties and JTF-s using the MP5. They are used in all types of taskings in the Navy. If you mean outside the Navy and JTF  they arent used then sure you might be right. But saying BP only is incorrect....even if only a little.

The MP5 is just like any other weapon in the Cf if required it can be requested by any person or unit that has a need for it. Wether or not they get it is up to the bean counters.

Back