• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coronavirus Impacts on Recruiting Process etc

Calum2020 said:
Hope your interview went well, i was just wondering what the process was for the medical? I’m waiting to book mine, is the entirety of the medical a long process? Do you have to submit all sorts of forums or is it just in person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must first say that I havent had the medical yet during the COVID, but I did go through thr medical almost 2 years ago when I was trying to join as a pilot. The medical took me around 45 minutes and it was a very basic routine medical like when you go to your yearly appointment with a family doctor. They also do a vision test and an hearing test. Since I was trying to go in as pilot I also had to hand in extra document about my health and vision, but now I dont know if ill have to since I applied as armored soldier in the Reserve.

Alright well there you go. I did my interview for the reserve on August 26th 2020 and now they offered me a position today as armoured soldier and my swear in is September 15th 2020! They didn’t do a medical. So needless to say, the recruiting is going back to normal and fast! That’s just my opinion obviously

Tiwill123 said:
Alright well there you go. I did my interview for the reserve on August 26th 2020 and now they offered me a position today as armoured soldier and my swear in is September 15th 2020! They didn’t do a medical. So needless to say, the recruiting is going back to normal and fast! That’s just my opinion obviously

Sounds like things went very quickly for you once they opened-up. I assume that priority is being given to combat arms (as it should be). That is odd that they skipped the medical ... I'm applying to be a Cadet Instructor Cadre officer and they sure made me go for a medical, and then get further documentation/testing from my family physician, then have it all sent to Ottawa for review/approval.

I have fingers crossed that they will start doing CIC interviews again before long.

I have completed my interview,  medical and aptitude test at the beginning of the year, and received an email about 2 or 3 months ago saying everything is in order and that they were in the process of tendering me an offer of employment. 
Havent heard much since then until I got an email yesterday saying everything has now been processed and I will be put on the competition list.
Any idea how long I may be waiting for till I get the call? I know its different for everyone, and over the phone I was told their rough estimate would be in the new year but you never know with the government. 

Nelson98 said:
I have completed my interview,  medical and aptitude test at the beginning of the year, and received an email about 2 or 3 months ago saying everything is in order and that they were in the process of tendering me an offer of employment. 
Havent heard much since then until I got an email yesterday saying everything has now been processed and I will be put on the competition list.
Any idea how long I may be waiting for till I get the call? I know its different for everyone, and over the phone I was told their rough estimate would be in the new year but you never know with the government.

I have been in the comp list since since August for AVN and ACS if that helps you

Nelson98 said:

I have been on the comp list since March for AERE if this helps you. :)

Thats brutal, at this rate it would be quicker to go down south, get a green card and join the Marines. I just want to get after it!

Nelson98 said:
Thats brutal, at this rate it would be quicker to go down south, get a green card and join the Marines. I just want to get after it!

Yah, I concur a bit. However, if serving in the CAF is something you really really want, then it is worth the wait.

I just did my final interview and they told me I should expect a BMQ offer either before Christmas or just after, recruiting said they’re still putting out numbers, idk if it’s a lie or what...

Canadian_beast said:
I just did my final interview and they told me I should expect a BMQ offer either before Christmas or just after, recruiting said they’re still putting out numbers, idk if it’s a lie or what...

What trade are you going for?

Blarneystinson said:
What trade are you going for?

Canadian_beast said:
I just did my final interview, and was told I should should be told my bmq date either before Christmas or sometime on January, that is for infantry.

Canadian_beast said:

Nice, I did my FORCE Test, and Interview like this past week. Was told the Unit im looking to join wont have basic until Spring 2021. Just have my Medical to do, next week. Infantry as well.

TempoBeatNegative said:
Nice, I did my FORCE Test, and Interview like this past week. Was told the Unit im looking to join wont have basic until Spring 2021. Just have my Medical to do, next week. Infantry as well.
Good luck, also who would wanna do bmq in the winter anyways lmao

Canadian_beast said:
Good luck, also who would wanna do bmq in the winter anyways lmao

I was reg force back in 2009. Im not sure how any of the training stuff works now. I'm an old man now ahaha. But before, I believe you could dual qualify for winter warfare if you did at least your SQ in the winter. But from what I gather everythings broken into components now like DP1.1, 1.2 etc etc.

So it will be interesting either way :p

TempoBeatNegative said:
I was reg force back in 2009. Im not sure how any of the training stuff works now. I'm an old man now ahaha. But before, I believe you could dual qualify for winter warfare if you did at least your SQ in the winter. But from what I gather everythings broken into components now like DP1.1, 1.2 etc etc.

So it will be interesting either way :p
Shit eh, would be nice if it still worked like that. Get two birds stoned at once, it will be interesting for sure.

Back