• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contact information request

Kilted Candyman

Inactive
Reaction score
I am trying to request assistance in obtaining contact information for the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders from Cornwall.  They recently participated in a flag-raising in honor of the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Ogdensburg and my flag was raised during that ceremony. 

That flag has a great deal of personal importance and meaning; it has been flown over 40 historic sites, ships and monuments around the world, and I plan to use it during my own retirement ceremony from the US Navy.  Normally when the flag is flown at a site, it is raised, someone salutes it, and it is lowered immediately after.  At the Ogdensburg ceremony, however, the Highlanders marched to the site, stood at attention and helped with the raising, and then one of the pipers played a lament.  It was a very meaningful addition to what is usually a simple affair and I would like to personally thank them.

Any guidance you can provide in directing me to the proper person would be appreciated.  I am trying to locate both their email and snail mail address.

Thank you,

ET1 James Drouillard

A quick look found this: http://www.museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca/GetMuseumProfile.do?chinCode=guaedc&lang=en
Someone else from south eastern Ontario may be able to provide more info. I do know they USED TO have a functional Armouries in Cornwall-meaning it was more than a musuem as the website says.
I only remember this because I was part of a group of sailors attending St Lawrence College in the early 80s and their Drill Instructors 'tried' to teach us drill Saturday morning's! I believe that was the first time I saw a grown man in Army uniform cry openly! ...sorry...

Good Luck,
Pat

Pat in Halifax said:
A quick look found this: http://www.museevirtuel-virtualmuseum.ca/GetMuseumProfile.do?chinCode=guaedc&lang=en
Someone else from south eastern Ontario may be able to provide more info. I do know they USED TO have a functional Armouries in Cornwall-meaning it was more than a musuem as the website says.
I only remember this because I was part of a group of sailors attending St Lawrence College in the early 80s and their Drill Instructors 'tried' to teach us drill Saturday morning's! I believe that was the first time I saw a grown man in Army uniform cry openly! ...sorry...

Good Luck,
Pat

Thanks.  I will check it out. 

Funny is that my wife is a St Lawrence grad.  Back in 90 I believe.

Jim

Back