• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Constable Zahara Lucks Out With A Female Judge

Wow, Medtech, how many times can you re-edit that post before I can quote it?

Anyway,
I just skimmed the replies in the Blueline forum and I couldn't help but be intrigued by the question, "What if this had been a man who, during a DOMESTIC DISPUTE, had put 9 rounds through a wall while his ex-wife and 3 year old were in the house?"

My guess would be at least 3 months if first offense.....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Wow, Medtech, how many times can you re-edit that post before I can quote it?

Hehehehe :D just trying to come out and say somethings is hard sometimes

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Anyway,
I just skimmed the replies in the Blueline forum and I couldn't help but be intrigued by the question, "What if this had been a man who, during a DOMESTIC DISPUTE, had put 9 rounds through a wall while his ex-wife and 3 year old were in the house?"

My guess would be at least 3 months if first offense.....

I would agree with you Bruce. As I've said, I'm not defending her actions. I am merely point out the fact that we are often hypocrites.

MedTech said:
It's the Pot calling the Kettle black.

No it's not. It would be if I was convicted of doing something dumb and got off and then felt like I could pass judgement on her. I've paid for my law-breaking (speeding), and being a CF member didn't do jack for me or get me any special treatment. Hence why I feel so strongly to see someone like her get off so easily (so far), and it annoys me even more when I hear people say defend her because of her status as a police officer.

Keep in mind that we in the CF are no better then some of them.

What?? We've got bad apples, so do the police. So because my org has a few bad apples I can't form an opinion here? Grasp at straws much?

S.Stewart said:
I love the title of the thread, thats a little insulting as a female. To equate her punishment was such just because she had a fellow female presiding over her case is disgusting. All the info we have is from that article, none of us were there during or presiding over that case, so in reality we do not know the full details, therefore are not in the capacity to judge. ...

- "Judge Shopping" happens all of the time.  Do 'stat' books exist on judges, that lawyers need to consult like a colour commentator would consult a book of seasonal stats as a batter steps up to the plate?  Probably not - they probably already know.  

Piper said:
... and it annoys me even more when I hear people say defend her because of her status as a police officer. ...

- Or because of her status as a female police officer.

MedTech said:
You're right it was a bit far stretched. However, have you ever thought that the fact the CF does not allow members to keep their firearms OFF duty makes a big difference? I'd bet you if some members of the CF had readily accessible firearms in their home they may have done something like this too. It's not that far fetched now is it?

I'm sure many members of the CF have readily accessible firearms in the home - albeit privately owned- I know I do.  And I've been angry about stuff before, but it never once crossed my mind to go get one of my guns and shoot holes in my wall.  It could be because of all the regulations regarding storage (I don't think LEOs are required to lock their handguns according to fed. law when at home) that by the time I get the key, unlock the lock, unlock the ammo and so on...I would have cool down.  Maybe its all the money I spend on the ammo....  :)

Regardless, I've never once considered getting one of my guns.  What if she had hit her child?

[/quote]

Just wondering, if Const Simm's status-quo has gone up or down at his Detachment since he Ratted Out  Oooops Reported , his Lover and Mother of his Child and was in the Line of Duty or Pay Back.

Cheers

FastEddy said:

Just wondering, if Const Simm's status-quo has gone up or down at his Detachment since he Ratted Out  Oooops Reported , his Lover and Mother of his Child and was in the Line of Duty or Pay Back.

Cheers

Pay back? Line of Duty?

How about just plain old good parenting? I'm not so sure I'd want her left alone with my child if she happened to throw another temper tantrum.

Piper said:
it annoys me even more when I hear people say defend her because of her status as a police officer.

TCBF said:
- Or because of her status as a female police officer.

Or because of her status as a single mother and a female police officer.

PMedMoe said:
Or because of her status as a single mother and a female police officer.

Or because of her status as a single mother and a female police officer who doesn't perform too well under stress.

FastEddy said:

Cheers

Ratted out? Care to explain your choice of words?

Piper said:
Ratted out? Care to explain your choice of words?

Why should he?  I am wondering the same thing.  He reported the incident because he was a good mountie or he was mad at her and wanted to get even?

kincanucks said:
Why should he?  I am wondering the same thing.  He reported the incident because he was a good mountie or he was mad at her and wanted to get even?

If she had gone into the kitched and smashed evrything dish in the house against that wall then I would say "rat job", however, no matter what his intent, she put lives at EXTREME risk because she was angry.
If he did not report this and this came to light in some other way, then this officer would be explaining his actions in front of a board and rightly so.

Remember, about 90% of Crimestoppers tips are "rat jobs", [it helps to keep the competition on thier toes] but we don't mind using that info......

kincanucks said:

Would we be asking these same questions if it had been two civilians involved? Of course not, but since it involves a police officer telling on another police officer of course the word 'rat' comes out. The lady fired nine rounds out of her service weapon into the wall of her home with her husband and daughter present. Who cares why he reported her, all that matters is that he did the right thing. 

ArmyVern said:
Or because of her status as a single mother and a female police officer who doesn't perform too well under stress.

The phrase "single mother and a female police officer" is bantered around so much in this Thread, I have a very hard time trying to figure out if its being used as a Accusation or Defense.

None of us know the height or degree of this persons emotional status which prompted her to react so violently. Which my friends, most of us are capable of doing, whether it be from trashing our home or beating the TV to death with a table lamp. The only restraining factor is we have not been pushed beyond that point of reason and restraint. Considering her profession and record, it must have been very high and the facts or circumstances must have been extrem and unbearable. Which gives question to, who or why.

It was a  very bad and dangerous choice of release which also suggests that the cause was equal to the action. Again I wonder who or why.

Its strange, although the Law cannot condone a Husband shooting his Wife and Lover who he discovered in copulation, but at least we do sympathize and think its poetic justice.  But in this case, lets hang her out to dry because she's a Police Officer.

Another interesting fact is that Const. Lucks removed and secluded herself from the family area and discharged her weapon into a wall. There is no mention that any of the bullets penetrated the wall escaping into either the outside and public area or the interior of the house. If this is a fact, then I would suggest that she had some presence of mind, I do not condone or agree with her choice of venting.
but again I ask, who or what brought her to this.

Bullshit.................you just defended every gang banger in Brampton tonight with that little speech.

I don't give a rats ass that she is a police officer, I only care that she will be getting a firearm back, a firearm that she has shown to be irresponsible about.  If she had beat her house or television up I wouldn't care a smidgon, but this woman put innocent lives at risk just like those 4 guys doing a drive-by wearing hoodies inside that black SUV........where would they be right now?

I'm hoping this goes to appeal. Theres no circumstance that can justify someone, cop or not, offloading 9 rounds into a wall without getting more than a slap on the wrist.  ::)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I

Remember, about 90% of Crimestoppers tips are "rat jobs", [it helps to keep the competition on thier toes] but we don't mind using that info......

Definitely Not, Information received from observant and concerned Citizens concerning Incidents or Crimes who in most cases are not associated or related to the subjects in question, in NO WAY ARE OR REFFERED TO AS "RAT JOBS" by LE Agencies.

Let me define this for you:

Tips:                  Information Received from Concerned Private Citizens.

Rat Jobs:            Information Received from Paid Police Informers (present or previous Criminals).

Ratted Out:          Information Received on & by Close or Personal Friends or Associates for a number of
                          various reasons.

Cheers.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Bullshit.................you just defended every gang banger in Brampton tonight with that little speech.

I don't give a rats *** that she is a police officer, I only care that she will be getting a firearm back, a firearm that she has shown to be irresponsible about.  If she had beat her house or television up I wouldn't care a smidgon, but this woman put innocent lives at risk just like those 4 guys doing a drive-by wearing hoodies inside that black SUV........where would they be right now?

Which statement would that be ?.

Edited to add:  Were you drinking when you wrote this ?.

Back