• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Basically, once my app was handed off to a "transfer officer" working at that department in Ottawa, things were handled within a week. That's what takes long - the app going from the system itself to a person who is given the file. But they probably have hundreds of these to deal with, so it makes sense. ;)

Geo - so my ruck, tac vest, helmet, winter kit etc... all the sub-standard, ratty militia kit I was issued on my BMQ last year I'm keeping and bringing with me to Wainright?

substandard ?
The kit you got is the kit everyone got & many of us still have.  Regs & reserve.
It may be "ratty" in that it is well worn - and if not torn or worn out - someone else will get it.
If it is torn or worn out or unserviceable & you are still using it... you shoulda returned it to QM for exchange... part of your job is to ensure your kit is in shape.

The new rucks are in the process of being distributed throughout... and if you read some threads around here - you will find that some people prefer the 85 pattern ruck over the new one.... and the 64 pattern over all of em.

Anything that you were issued in Longue Pointe stores are on your main clothing docs & those can and will be transfered to your new base's stores... unless you are told to return certain items before you are CTd

Whoo, alright. I probably kind of got ahead of myself in calling my kit 'substandard', but yeah, it is very used. I wasn't sure if I was going to have to return all of the kit before CTing, so I held off on replacing it. Thanks for the help!

I'm currently in the process of CT from CIC to Reg F. All CFAT, Interview are done, but the med docs have yet to come in... Its been a month, even though the request has been put on high priority. CFRC said they move as fast as Ottawa. Is there a way to contact ottawa regarding my med docs?

Dano said:
I'm currently in the process of CT from CIC to Reg F. All CFAT, Interview are done, but the med docs have yet to come in... Its been a month, even though the request has been put on high priority. CFRC said they move as fast as Ottawa. Is there a way to contact ottawa regarding my med docs?

Only through the CFRC, AFAIK.

Dano said:
Is there a way to contact ottawa regarding my med docs?

Probably not.  If everyone who had questions about their Med Docs called Ottawa, all everyone would do up there is answer phones and run for individual files, which have likely already been send to the appropriate persons desk for review.

Chaos is the word that comes to my mind when I think of that.

So, I put in my request in the first week of Jan 09, there was a dropped ball, but got my offer today.  So, not really all that bad, 2 1/2 months wait to get my offer.

Congrats, I take it you're not at CFRC Ottawa, I call every other day, and so far it takes them about 1 1/2 weeks for return a call.

CT to Reg F from Res F has nothing to do with the CFRC anymore, I dealt directly with the CT section in Ottawa.  It took having someone at my work having a contact there to see what was going on to get the ball rolling faster.  But, I have another friend with a CT in that was done after me, and I think she got her offer too.  My CT was straightforward though, all my courses were Reg F, BFT was current as was my security clearance and medical, so it was a simple slide to the right.

I was told the same thing, but my PRes Unit took about a month to get my pers file into the internal mail. And I was told I need to schedule an interview with the CFRC because I'm changing my MOC to infantry. No one answers their phones, and returning messages so far takes almost 2 weeks, any experience with this?

Yeah the CFRC only becomes involved if you are making an OT (on top of the CT) or your CFAT is expired.

So I was really impressed with how fast the initial phase of this new CT process works. I had submitted the email and had heard back within 12 hours and was told to get my MPRR in order. Right now everything is done and CFRC Calgary is my slow point in the chain. Apparently I need to work out a time for an interview and possibly a medical. I'm going from res arty to reg med tech. Anyone know the timeline for this stage of the process? I would like to do anything I can to make this go as fast and smooth as possible.

It's hard to say. I submitted my CT application 19 Dec 09, due to my PRes unit "misplacing" my MPRR, I it's taken 3 months just to get to my interview, which is this coming Tuesday(31 Mar 09). I was told that because I was going from Res Cmbt Eng to Reg Inf that I would be slotted onto a BMQ in early March. It really depends on your CFRC returning your calls and trade I guess.

stefwills said:
It's hard to say. I submitted my CT application 19 Dec 09, due to my PRes unit "misplacing" my MPRR, I it's taken 3 months just to get to my interview, which is this coming Tuesday(31 Mar 09). I was told that because I was going from Res Cmbt Eng to Reg Inf that I would be slotted onto a BMQ in early March. It really depends on your CFRC returning your calls and trade I guess.

You can go online and print it out yourself from the DIN as long as you have a DND Email address.

You can go into the Orderly room and have the clerk print out one for you...

If you are referring to my MPRR, I asked numerous times to take it directly to the CFRC myself, so save time, and I was told each time that it was not possible. My father is a retired Lt. Col and said unless policy has changed, that's a lie. I don't have DND Address, so I have to call and make frequent visits to make sure progress is being made.

stefwills said:
Got the offer. BMQ in St-Jean on 27 Apr 09. About time.

4 months is damn good time, if you're getting into knots about this waiting, the Reg Force will be fun for you. This system is far better than the old system, I remember a good friend of mine waiting nearly 2 years for his CT (into the same trade) to be finalized. 4 months from start to finish is excellent.

I know the Regs is full of "Hurry up and Wait" but this time it was more-so my reserve unit taking 3 weeks to get my MPRR in the mail to the DMCA, and recruiters not returning calls. Oh well, it's done now. And from what I've heard, the wait times for reg force infantry are not as bad now. I was told my course loading should be pretty quick, so I get trained fast and get overseas. Not taking it as gospel, but I've heard it from a few CF personnel.

Back