• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

mikegf6 said:
I didn't have a DWAN email, (though my chief clerk made one but will take a while for it to be accepted) so the clerk put his email in and said he would forward any email to me on the CT that he receives... Hopefully he checks it often.  Do they usually email you pretty soon?

After submitting the online application, it usually generates an immediate response email of the server acknowledging receipt of the submission which contains some generic info.  After that, I believe that you normally receive a follow up response in 4-8 weeks, if not sooner.

It is now incumbent on yourself to maintain both a "current" Medical Profile and also a "current" Physical Fitness Profile.  DO NOT let either of these two lapse/become over due as it could set back your application.  If DMCPG requires other documentation, they will usually contact your Unit Chief Clerk and or yourself.

For more details on the CT Process/Program you will need access to a DWAN Computer and check out the CMP Website, specifically CF MIL PERS INSTR 03/08, Canadian Forces Component Transfer and Component Transfer Career Programs.

Good luck!

PS - when you are contacted by someone from DMCPG, the most important question you want to ask is "Who is my assigned CT Broker and what is there contact information?"

DAA said:
After submitting the online application, it usually generates an immediate response email of the server acknowledging receipt of the submission which contains some generic info.  After that, I believe that you normally receive a follow up response in 4-8 weeks, if not sooner.

It is now incumbent on yourself to maintain both a "current" Medical Profile and also a "current" Physical Fitness Profile.  DO NOT let either of these two lapse/become over due as it could set back your application.  If DMCPG requires other documentation, they will usually contact your Unit Chief Clerk and or yourself.

For more details on the CT Process/Program you will need access to a DWAN Computer and check out the CMP Website, specifically CF MIL PERS INSTR 03/08, Canadian Forces Component Transfer and Component Transfer Career Programs.

Good luck!

PS - when you are contacted by someone from DMCPG, the most important question you want to ask is "Who is my assigned CT Broker and what is there contact information?"

Great, thanks! Really useful information you gave! Plus, I really haven't done my Force test in a while, so I wouldn't have known if you didn't mention that. Also I swear medical is good for 5 years...

Medical validity is 5 years if you are under 40 (to a maximum of age 42), and two years if you are over the age of 40.  That said, certain occupations, specialties and roles have more stringent medical requirements (for example aircrew and divers).

dapaterson said:
Medical validity is 5 years if you are under 40 (to a maximum of age 42), and two years if you are over the age of 40.  That said, certain occupations, specialties and roles have more stringent medical requirements (for example aircrew and divers).

AC Op and ARE also required a higher Air Factor  (A4) for anyone considering a CT to thoset trade.  That means an aircrew medical even if you'll never be in a flying billet, albeit not the same as one for aircrew.  There are also the details about the flight crew folks as well (Non Commissioned & Officer - Occupational Specialty) such as Loadmasters, Flight Stewarts/Attendants at the link below.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-medical-occupations/officer-ncm-minimum-medical-standards.page

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this one for me.  I am trying to CoT to AEC.  I currently have an A1 for air factor and I need A4 for AEC.  I went and did a medical and they signed it off as A1 again.  I am getting sent back to do the medical again because it needs to be A4.

Can someone explain why the medical needs to be redone again just to change the 1 at the end to a 4 instead of just being reviewed and signed off as A4?

I don't mind doing it again if that's what has to happen but it seems very inefficient.

I have an interview for my CT on Tuesday. Does anybody know how soon they get back to you after the interview on whether you got the job or not?

Inf613 said:
I have an interview for my CT on Tuesday. Does anybody know how soon they get back to you after the interview on whether you got the job or not?

They don't decide on your CT. This should all have been explained to you by your chain of command.

All the PSO does is interview you and make an assessment as to whether or not you would be suitable for the trade you are applying to CT to.

Once he's interviewed you, he'll write a "PSO's Assessment" and send it back to your unit/Ottawa.

Each base is different, and I don't know if there is a Standard. The report is very short and literally could be done in an hour after your interview. However, if the PSO you're be interviewed at is the in the GTA... then it could be a few months...

Good day,

I have a question for all. I put my CT application in in 2013 in order to go from Reserve Cook (been in the Naval Reserve for almost 10 years now, both FORCE test & Medical valid) to Reg F MRAD TECH (Army). I am fully certified and trained from one of the CF accredited institution for the trade and I'm currently a MRAD TECH in civilian hospitals with a valid national/provincial license. Every year since 2013, I was told that there is no SIP intake for MRAD TECH including the current year so I have been just sitting and waiting. The only thing my broker has asked me to provide was my high school transcript but I sent him a few other things like my diploma, certification, etc. to indicate that I am trained. Then just last month (Dec, 2016), the broker asked me to submit additional documents for a PLAR request. I have sent him all the requested documents but I was thinking, shouldn't I have been asked to do this for PLAR a long time ago when I first started my CT process? I didn't even know what PLAR was until last month and now that I do, I feel like PLAR should have been requested when I first opened my CT file or soon after my graduation from the institution at least. Or is this going how it should be?

If there were no spots, they won't waste time with a PLAR. If you're being asked for documentation to support your training, I would suggest to you that its a good thing and your file could be moving forward.

PuckChaser said:
If there were no spots, they won't waste time with a PLAR. If you're being asked for documentation to support your training, I would suggest to you that its a good thing and your file could be moving forward.

Thank you so much for the reply.
I was advised that it is still closed. So would that mean there is a possibility for the next fiscal year?
And I was just wondering if PLAR should have been the first thing after submitting CT so that it is ready when a spot becomes available because you might miss the spot when your docs are still under review for PLAR.

You could be throwing a dart at a dart board and guessing. If you have access to the DWAN, you can find out the SIP for FY17/18 and see if there are MRAD Tech spots available.

Anyone here have any experience with my situation?

I put my CT in recently PRes Officer wanting to go NCM Dental Tech Reg F.  I got an e-mail requesting my transcripts (I'm a certified Dental Assistant).  I saw this as a good sign. My hubby who is a RegF TDO says that there is only one spot open and it's not for an internal transfer. I figure it will open up again in April and I have no problem waiting.

What I would like to know is:

1. What is the chance I won't have to do basic again? I've got CAP under my belt (from when it was still called CAP)

2. Assuming I am trade qualified with time in, any guesses as to the rank I will have?

3. How long have most people waited for a CT from PRes to RegF?

4. Does anyone have any suggestions to get and keep the ball rolling on my CT?  My neighbour suggested a letter of reference from my OC.  I've asked and he has agreed once I have the name of a broker to send it to.

Thanks in advance!

Each occupation is unique.  For skilled entry trades it is common to move SIP between entry plans to accommodate  CTs. That said, there has to be a need;  some trades are overborne or will be shortly due to BTL production.

CountDC said:
in the past no offer was made until the matter was resolved and I suspect it still is like that thus the query.  We just recieved the same query but luckily our mbr has nothing.

Are you aware of what transpired afterwards? Did the member receive a CT offer and/or a ETP Message? My C Clk told me I will hear back in 1 week to 3 months, at the very latest. Is there any circumstances that cause a member to be turned down after the administrative review is completed? A Sgt I work with told me that the DMCPG is literally reviewing numbers and paperwork on my end, and that it's not like a PER. That is if the numbers match, I'll be told what's next. I'm asking all these questions because this CT would require a lot of moving around and change on my end (as I'm sure it does for everyone who makes it through the process).

Hi all,

I'm currently a private who just completed BMQ-L last summer. I'm having a few reservations as to whether or not I really like my current trade so I'm considering a transfer to Public Affairs if possible. Working in the media has been long time passion of mine and I have a university degree that relates to it anyway.

However, I'm also considering Reg-Force as an option since I am also in need of a more consistent stream of income as opposed to just part time in the reserves.

I'm hoping someone with experience the trade can answer the few questions I have:

1. I heard getting into public affairs can be quite the competition, what is the current job availability looking like out there? Specifically in Manitoba I guess? (38 Brigade)

2. As a member of Reg force, there is a point on the forces.ca website that notes that reg force members move pretty often base to base all around the country. Same deal with PAOs?

3. How long and how often are deployments as a reg force PAO?

I'm thankful for any info anyone can give me on the subject.

For reference, perhaps,

CT to Reg Force Public Affairs Officer

will be merged with,

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12797.0
46 pages.

See also,

Public Affairs Officer
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+ncd&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=lCewWN_jMOeM8Qe5kZ6wBg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+public+affairs+officer&*

PAO
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+ncd&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=lCewWN_jMOeM8Qe5kZ6wBg&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+PAO&*

Hello
I just wanted to tell y'all that right now if you ct it should go through pretty fast. my ct from armd recce (res) to infantry (reg) only took around 5 months!

I'd like to know why, when I go on the recruiting site, it says a trade (int) is open, but the only thing I ever hear on my CT is when it's closed again and how many years the wait is up to now?

Remember, look at the SIP for some SA;  a trade that is open to "off the street recruiting" might be closed to CT (T or (UT) because they might have hit their CT numbers already that FY...something to consider.

Back