• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

What I was looking for was updated info about the accessibility to the trade. What Mariomike gave me, I was already aware of it.

7Isleblue said:
What I was looking for was updated info about the accessibility to the trade.

"I want to be Int" Mega-thread is for frequently asked questions about the Trade,
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12858.275.html

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A is for frequently asked questions about Component Transfers.

However,
George Wallace said:
Your CT may in fact not be accepted at this time.

As always, you can also contact Recruiting.

Appreciated!

By "Recruiting", you mean on this forum's "Ask a CAF Recruiter" sub, or contact my local recruiter?

I've considered contacting the bpso but I felt I would be kind of an asshat to do so when my request is so recent.

7Isleblue said:
Appreciated!

By "Recruiting", you mean on this forum's "Ask a CAF Recruiter" sub, or contact my local recruiter?

I've considered contacting the bpso but I felt I would be kind of an asshat to do so when my request is so recent.

The recruiting center won't be able to help you much as you are already enrolled. Maybe they can give you a  phone number, but they merely process anything required (interview, CFAT, TSD).

Who you'll want to contact is DMCPG-5 however they typically don't give you a status update. There are a lot of files for the 5 or so people to to process. It will likely take some time for anything to happen (based on personal experience and consulting with friends). Obviously it depends on the trade but when you try to do a CT/OT it will take time. CT's are processed on a first-come first served basis. I've been told that it is literally a top down selection and that the member must wait until their "number is called". You can find the number of spots allocated to each trade on the DWAN, but without knowing how many people are in front of you it is fairly useless.

7Isleblue said:
What I was looking for was updated info about the accessibility to the trade. What Mariomike gave me, I was already aware of it.

For a Component Transfer to Regular Force as a DEO Int O (Untrained), there are currently 2 posns remaining.

I am looking for the guideline or procedure for changing my element from navy to air force?
any help would be apprciated.

cookie4 said:
I am looking for the guideline or procedure for changing my element from navy to air force?
any help would be apprciated.

Before you will get an answer, you're missing two key components here to your question.

Are you Regular Force or Reserve Force and what is your occupation?  Answering these two questions might help. 

DAA said:
what is your occupation?   

mosid 0164
http://milnet.ca/forums/members/95119

I believe cookie4 is a Cook?

This begs the question why change uniforms?  As a support trade it doesn't really matter and the navy does have the best looking one. [:D

I know some that want to leave the Navy after the ridiculousness that was the NCD rule. They'd rather just maintain one uniform, not 2.

I am  ha ginger for 2 main resons...one is to  stabilize a medical condition that I cannot see me doing in the navy...the other is I am asking my CM to post Mr out of area.  Hopefully it will hapen, if not I tried.

PuckChaser said:
I know some that want to leave the Navy after the ridiculousness that was the NCD rule. They'd rather just maintain one uniform, not 2.

Not aware of any issue there.  I maintain both NCD and CADPAT.  Not really hard to do.  Wash and hang up.  Considering our dress is NCD unless on field ex or deployed 99% of the time we wear NCDs.

cookie4 said:
I am  ha ginger for 2 main resons...one is to  stabilize a medical condition that I cannot see me doing in the navy...the other is I am asking my CM to post Mr out of area.  Hopefully it will hapen, if not I tried.

As a support trade your element has no bearing on medical treatment or postings.  Regardless of the uniform we wear we can be posted anywhere so even if you changed to air force you could still be posted to a ship.  I think you would do better to concentrate on the med situation instead of the uniform.  If it prevents you from sailing then the MO can assign you MELs restricting you to a shore billet.  I knew someone that suffered chronic sea-sickness and was kept in the navy but never posted to ship again (unless you actually count the stone frigate).

So I've asked around, from my BOR, to other soldiers, to some guys who have worked for the CT det in Ottawa and I haven't gotten any reference material on my particular situation.

I put in a CT for Reg Force Infantry (1 or 3 RCR), and I just received word from my BOR that the CT det was requesting if there is any outstanding admin needing to be dealt with at the unit level. Seeing as there is, but there is a plan to deal with it accordingly, what happens after the inquiry on any outstanding personnel issues (i.e. medical, physical, or admin), is an offer extended, or is there another set of hoops to jump through? I need to know so I can plan accordingly.

Cheers!

in the past no offer was made until the matter was resolved and I suspect it still is like that thus the query.  We just recieved the same query but luckily our mbr has nothing.

DAA said:
For a Component Transfer to Regular Force as a DEO Int O (Untrained), there are currently 2 posns remaining.

Good day,  I was wondering if I could be provided with the link where such information can be found (posns remaining in trade for CT).  I'm a clerk and have applied for a CT almost 14 months ago, if anyone has any kind of infos concerning the prospects of CT's for clerks in the near future I would be grateful.  Also, someone mentioned that the process was on first come first serve basis but I was told there is a board...can someone confirm or deny?  I understand everyone has to just wait it out and it will happen eventually ;-)! It's just hard since I'm on a airforce base (husband is reg force) and there's not a lot of Class B contracts and they all go to air reserve clerks (I'm land), can't even find a unit to transfer to for Class A.  Anyway, any infos is welcome,
Thank you for your time!

Information on the planned intake - called the SIP (for Strategic Intake Plan) is posted to the DPGR site on the DWAN.  They're under CMP.

Look for "Production documents" on the site, and there should be the SIP posted there.

Hopefully you guys can help me out,
Here is my dilemma, I joined the army reserve, infantry, I wanted to go reg force all along, but I was told by my recruiter that there were little spots available for reg force infantry so I would probably not get it. I was told I could get a transfer from the res to reg force, and I knew little of how the army worked so  I joined reserve. The next year I believe I heard something along the lines of around 1000 infantry spots were open. My component transfer will have been in for 1 year next month. I have heard nothing. I have not gone in for another medical, physical or any additional tests. No one responds.
(If this helps, I did basic last summer and will go on DP1 in about two months.)
Is there a number that I could call to inquire about this issue? Or a specific email address? I have emailed multiple times and only received automated replies. My BOR has also emailed on my behalf and nothing has come of it.
Anything that might help will be appreciated. This process has been quite discouraging frankly.
I have read other threads and haven't found what I am looking for.

Thank you

don't want to rub it in but the 1000 spots are most likely NEW recruits.  As you are not a NEW Recruit , chances are the number of intakes for CT is WELL below that. 
I am sure someone here will help you on who to call , but like I said , don't base the timeline on the 1000 spots available , that dosen't apply for CT

Contact your "CT Broker" at DMCPG 5-2.  I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions you have.

The general rule of thumb for CT applicants after applying, is that you MUST maintain a CURRET and valid Medical Profile and Physical Fitness Profile at all times.  Never let either of those lapse!!!

Based on your posted comments above, as you were not DP1 qualified when you applied, then you are classed as a CT-U (Untrained).  If you happen to complete your DP1, you need to let your CT Broker know as this will change your application status to CT-T (Trained) and that's a whole different category and a new ball game.

Good luck!

Back