• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comm Research

What if you're at max IPC? From what I hear is that they are doing direct IPC jumps so if you are a Cpl 3 you just go to Spec 3 etc,

meni0n said:
What if you're at max IPC? From what I hear is that they are doing direct IPC jumps so if you are a Cpl 3 you just go to Spec 3 etc,

I'm assuming by Max IPC you mean  Cpl, Standard, IPC 4.  That is $4733.  Cpl, Spec 1, IPC Basic, is $5012.  Spec Pay Cpls ALWAYS make more than Standard Pay Cpls.

Well, IF 'what you hear' is actually what some ORs are doing, I'd be surprised AND I'd not want to be one of the folks who are potentially being overpaid.

What I described above it what should be happening;  your Spec Pay IPC is backdated to your MOC entry date/OT date after completion of your QL5 for IPC calculation if you are an OT. 

I'll post the ref tomorrow, ended up home sick today.

From what I've been told, what they do at he OR now is after you finish your QL5s, you just do a direct jump to the Spec 1 ladder, so if you were normal IPC 2 you would be Spec 1 IPC 2.  It seems a bit wrong to me as I thought you would always jump to the nearest IPC that's comparable to your pay.

All I know is wha the policy/email traffic I have at work states, which is what I've stated already. 

I've got the go for CT/OT from Navres to Reg F Comm rsch.
My interview is in 2 weeks and I've started to prepare for it.

Any tips in what they'd be looking for for an eligible comm rsch?

kimbrian said:
Any tips in what they'd be looking for for an eligible comm rsch?

An already completed lobotomy and a World of Warcraft account....  >:D

I kid, I kid. Having a good background in computers has helped some of the operators I know, as well as signal theory.

Since the component transfer process takes a long time, I'm going to learn as much as possible about computer networks, signal theory, morse code, etc etc.
Though... I don't have that much back ground in terms of computers and electronics... I'm only a high school graduate (18yrs old).
Before the interview, I'll do as much research as possible and familiarize myself with that side of the world as much as I can.
Is it probably that during the interview at CFRC, they'll ask about my computer use back ground and such?
If I don't know that much about that, will I not stand a chance?  :-\

kimbrian said:
I don't have that much back ground in terms of computers and electronics...

If we required people to have an electronics or computer background, we would say so in the recruiting pre-requisits. I did not have any sort of background in combat engineering but was still hired as one LOL.

If you have that stuff, it's an asset.

Like everything in the army, you will be taught from the ground up whether you know it already or not.  Hurray for typing classes.

Also realize that you will be required as Comm Research (regardless of DEU) to complete the BMQ-L course.

As you've read, there can be a longggggggg wait for your security clearance to process that you need for the Upclass portion of QL3 (QL3 Pt II). 

Good luck on the interview.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone could provide me with information on what exactly a Linguistic Operator is/does. I noticed it on forces.ca in the Specialty Training section under Advanced Training Courses for Comm Research. I am curious because I have a degree in Linguistics and I am very interested in this trade.

Thanks!

You learn a foreign language and then sit behind a computer and translate things.

I did my CT/OT interview on 26 Mar 12 and the sir says that I am very competitive and is eligible for both Reg F and Comm Rsch (what a good news).

Though, now I'm just waiting for any calls or offers and while at that, I've started up for Class B employment in the Navres so that D Mil C doesn't see me being idle and unproductive.

My question is,
how does merit listing work? What is it, how do i find out when I do get listed, and what does it mean to me in terms of my transfer?

I got a Job offer last week. I'm a recruit school bypass, so that might have had something to do with it. keep waiting, I put my paperwork in almost a year ago. When I applied for the infantry in 2003 it was almost 2 years when I received a job offer. Patience is the key. Right about the time you've forgotten you even ever applied, you'll get the call.  ???  ;D

Back