• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combats at Camp...

OKane

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, This is my first year going to camp and I am still learning about what I'll be doing there. I heard that parts of the training will be using combat clothing. I have a full set of my own and I am wondering if we are able to bring our own or not?  ???

(Moderator edit to correct spelling in thread title.)

IIRC you will be temp issued any items needed for camp at your camp location.

When you eventually get them, your joining instructions will likely tell you what and what not to bring.
I beleive it still says do NOT bring your own combats. They will be confiscated when you arrive and be returned to you when you go home.
Don't waste your own time or that of your staff.
Just my 2 cents.

Leave them at home! Someone will either thive them or might accidently be consider CSTC property and they will keep them in outtake.

Medic65726 said:
When you eventually get them, your joining instructions will likely tell you what and what not to bring.
I beleive it still says do NOT bring your own combats. They will be confiscated when you arrive and be returned to you when you go home.
Don't waste your own time or that of your staff.
Just my 2 cents.

My son recieved his joining instructions last night. There is no mention of brining combats. So follow the kit list and you will be fine.

Keep it simple rule applies
Keep the combats at home - the camp will issue what you need and you simply put those items at strong risk of loss
Applies to the rest of your items as well - no electronics, nothing that could be stolen or is attractive.
Think of it as a minimalistic, zen summer...

Do not bring combats.

Your kit is checked on arrival, anything on the 'Do Not Bring' list will be confiscated.  This includes combat clothing.  I have done kit checks in previous years, and any combats (and other contraband) I find go into a bag that you do not see again until right before you go home.

Should you manage to get combats through the inspection, and you're found to have combats in your kit when leaving, you will lose your combats.  This will also be treated as theft, (ie. course failure)

You'll be issued all of the kit you need.  (but do make sure you bring all of the required items specified in the joining instructions.)

Back