• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Hospital (ABC and Global) Premiere June 21st

Civvymedic said:
  I just went back and watched the first episode online.  At the begining, just as the C 17 is landing at "Kandahar" airfield is that not 2 U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds sitting on the Tarmac?, Right hand of screen..... ::)

Yeah. Didn't you know they do their airshow practices in Kandahar?  ::)

Jesus you guys. If it bothers you so much, don't f***ing watch it. I hate "Reality" TV so guess what - I DON'T WATCH IT!

In fact I didn't watch it last night - especially after a friend of mine noted something on Crackbook about IV Ibuprofen??!!!

I read instead.

MM

I haven't watched it yet either, Sean. I'm amused at the IV Ibuprofen though.

You can get IV Acetaminophen... but not in the Canadian system. It's available in Aus/NZ and some of Europe. I wish we had it here, I'd go through a ton at work (not me personally).

Pat in Halifax said:
Jesus you guys. If it bothers you so much, don't f***ing watch it. I hate "Reality" TV so guess what - I DON'T WATCH IT!
I don't plan to, I learned my lesson from the first 5 minutes. ;)

recceguy said:
Geez, I hope you guys don't keep up all this whining every Tuesday night and Wednesday morning for the run of the show.  :facepalm:

But most of us watched it for that reason :p

Look, they have to take some liberties with the facts and established medical procedures for the sake of telling a story, otherwise it might as well be a bunch of training films. It probably is still closer to reality than those animated engagements in the Greatest Tank Battles series that runs on the History and Military channels. If the tanks were moving realistically, we wouldn't see very much of them at all.

I'd hate to sit through a M*A*S*H*  marathon with you guys.

Old Sweat said:
Look, they have to take some liberties with the facts and established medical procedures for the sake of telling a story, otherwise it might as well be a bunch of training films. It probably is still closer to reality than those animated engagements in the Greatest Tank Battles series that runs on the History and Military channels. If the tanks were moving realistically, we wouldn't see very much of them at all.

We know...just that, as soldiers, we feel the need to complain about something, so we're slagging the show down.

MM

Thats why I miss the old show 'Knight Rider' - The only realistic TV show ever!

Pusser said:
Maj Norton Gordon...

Try explaining how they got the Afghan female with the infected tonsil through gate security disguised in CF Arid CADPAT.

Ah the life of the Neurosurgeon - alcohol, king size four poster bed and a potential harem of combat hospital employees.  I don't think the young Dutch girl's acting was far off the mark. ;D

Pat in Halifax said:
Thats why I miss the old show 'Knight Rider' - The only realistic TV show ever!

...and Blue Thunder and Airwolf.  :nod:

Old Sweat said:
It probably is still closer to reality than those animated engagements in the Greatest Tank Battles series that runs on the History and Military channels. If the tanks were moving realistically, we wouldn't see very much of them at all.

Considering the budgets both of those channels have to work with, you would think that they could do A LOT better than the animated crap that usually accompanies the narration. The dismal animations are the main reason I avoid that series.

And going backwards in time:

Unlike, for example "The Battle of the Bulge - 1965" that used M48 Pattons as stand ins for both Shermans and Panzers and swapped a California training ground for the Ardennes?

Starred a number of A list actors of the day, including Henry Fonda, Dana Andrews, Charles Bronson and Telly Savalas.

On the other hand it had a kickass sound track that would have appealed to TV......

As to the Hollywood treatment of pace..... How many people will pay to see cups of coffee go cold?

Kirkhill said:
And going backwards in time:

Unlike, for example "The Battle of the Bulge - 1965" that used M48 Pattons as stand ins for both Shermans and Panzers and swapped a California training ground for the Ardennes?

Starred a number of A list actors of the day, including Henry Fonda, Dana Andrews, Charles Bronson and Telly Savalas.

On the other hand it had a kickass sound track that would have appealed to TV......

As to the Hollywood treatment of pace..... How many people will pay to see cups of coffee go cold?

My father took me to see that at the old Runnymede when it came out. I still remember some older men from the neighborhood stomping their feet to the beat!

Back