• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Hospital (ABC and Global) Premiere June 21st

NL_engineer said:
Well my rogers phone had service in KAF (09), and I know someone who texted home from the FOB a few times on theirs.

I almost don't want to know, but how much was the roaming charge for that?  :eek:

Dimsum said:
I almost don't want to know, but how much was the roaming charge for that?  :eek:

Roaming charge ??

The right sim card removes that problem..........

Dimsum said:

I don't know, I bet it was a $100 text message knowing how Rogers is.

Watching it now.  Wish I could have deployed with just a kit bag.  ::)  ;D

Yeah, pretty painful. Good work on the set, but some of the other stuff... Jogging with a pistol is dumb, and I never got Arids that looked that new...

krustyrl said:
It's Hollywood not reality  ::)

No shit. Have you read my previous comments in this thread ?

I'll make myself more clear : The acting is pretty bad.

I had to turn it off after about five minutes. For a "combat hospital" they spend allot of time flirting/gossiping with each other.

Romanmaz said:
I had to turn it off after about five minutes. For a "combat hospital" they spend allot of time flirting/gossiping with each other.

I already watched 2 and a half men at 4 so there is nothing else on at this time.

Romanmaz said:

That part's actually pretty accurate

Romanmaz said:

It's not 24/7 mayhem any more than it is in a real ER...though you'd never know it watching the pilot  ::)

MM

medicineman said:
It's not 24/7 mayhem any more than it is in a real ER...though you'd never know it watching the pilot  ::)

MM
Yea, I expected allot more, it turned out to be "House" with military fatigues on in the desert. :facepalm: Combat school was a good show/documentary though.

Geez, I hope you guys don't keep up all this whining every Tuesday night and Wednesday morning for the run of the show.  :facepalm:

I said it right off at the begininning. We know it's not reality. Quit treating it as such. We know it's entertainment. Get over it already.

This thread is worse than watching a war movie and the Base theater. Just one big ongoing hotwash while the movie is running, with everyone moaning and groaning so that no one gets to enjoy the show. ::)

Well, judging by the level of whining, I'd have to say not many of us are being entertained  >:D.

Beadwindow 7 said:
Yeah, pretty painful. Good work on the set, but some of the other stuff... Jogging with a pistol is dumb, and I never got Arids that looked that new...

I've never known Canadians to do that, but in MND North (Tuzla, Bosnia) the Americans never did anything without a weapon.  I saw plenty of GIs doing PT with personal weapons, which for enlisted soldiers meant rifles, shorts and a reflective belt (for safety  ::)).  I still remember the young lady I saw in the PX carrying a GP machine gun that was taller than she was.

I do find it interesting that Maj Norton seems to be the only military person who rarely seems to wear a uniform.  Everyone else seems to at least be wearing combat pants and boots.  Maybe the producer just feel she looks better in scrubs or yoga pants.  Can't say as I disagree, but she doesn't look bad in CADPAT either.

I just went back and watched the first episode online.  At the begining, just as the C 17 is landing at "Kandahar" airfield is that not 2 U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds sitting on the Tarmac?, Right hand of screen..... ::)

Back