• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Hospital (ABC and Global) Premiere June 21st

BernDawg said:
Reality TV is only as real as the producers let it be. That explains why Johnny Rotten never got punched out on Survivor......

It is a shame how true that is ... :/ If only reality TV were truly more realistic ...  I wonder, Amazing Race and its 'reality' factor in comparison to Survivor ... Have to admit the season where the contestant fell in the fire was rather realistic and unplanned I would think though ?

- T.

Most people found out that Survivor was fake right from the start.  Not to say Amazing Race is much better, but still........

PMedMoe said:
Most people found out that Survivor was fake right from the start.  Not to say Amazing Race is much better, but still........

Honestly I must be oblivious, I'm not seeing it ... :/ lol  I can see how some things can be, but is it really all ?  (Honest Q)

- T.

Fotoshark said:
It is a shame how true that is ... :/ If only reality TV were truly more realistic ...  I wonder, Amazing Race and its 'reality' factor in comparison to Survivor ... Have to admit the season where the contestant fell in the fire was rather realistic and unplanned I would think though ?

- T.

Yup they let that go because he did it to himself (my opinion) and no one else was involved. They apparently have all kinds of rules about interaction etc, (no physical fighting) from what I understand. As to the Amazing race I find it quite funny that they show the teams so close together during the episode but when they cross the finish line it's quite obvious that it's all clever editing.

They don't hide the fact they're far apart, it's just a way to keep the drama going until the very end. I'd hardly consider that deceitful.

Snaketnk said:
They don't hide the fact they're far apart, it's just a way to keep the drama going until the very end. I'd hardly consider that deceitful.

I find it deceitful that they market this crap as entertainment! ;D

recceguy said:
I find it deceitful that they market this crap as entertainment! ;D

Oh come on, it's light years better than "Jersey Shore" or "The Gottis"  Seriously, I always thought A&E was better than that.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Oh come on, it's light years better than "Jersey Shore" or "The Gottis"  Seriously, I always thought A&E was better than that.  ::)
Sorry. Don't subscribe. Don't get the junk. I have a digital antennae. I get ABC, NBC, CBS, CBC plus about 25 other PBS and local channels.

For free.

I don't need to PAY a channel that shows a bunch of guido losers looking like they just left a BJ fest.

recceguy said:
Sorry. Don't subscribe. Don't get the junk. I have a digital antennae. I get ABC, NBC, CBS, CBC plus about 25 other PBS and local channels.

For free.

I don't need to PAY a channel that shows a bunch of guido losers looking like they just left a BJ fest.

Oh, I don't get that channel either, nor have I ever watched those shows.  Just saw commercials and it always makes me wonder whose life is so pathetic that they have to watch that crap?  For the most part, my T.V. is simply on for background noise.

http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2013/s3857189.htm

Necroposting this, but there is a 2-part series on Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "Foreign Correspondent" about PTSD affecting Major Marc Dauphin, whose Role 3 team inspired the show (and was shadowed by the show's producer in KAF.) 

Apparently, the scene with the Major shooting the snake was based on a real event.

Back