• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Hospital (ABC and Global) Premiere June 21st

CDN Aviator said:
It is TV drama, not a reality show.

This is not a hard concept.

I agree with MM, when the drama hits close to home - uniforms, experiences you lived recently and rules you know existed are violated,  it will be hard to treat it like a House or MASH episode.

I guess the flight crew on that C17 Globemaster forgot to ensure that doc was buckled in.....what BS........

This is gonna be a long hour.......and its obvious no one has had the rank structure lessons. More of my criticism to follow.

And they told us on the tour of Role 3 that no one yells as calm begets calm. Yes I am being an a$$

;D

Thanks - sucks being on the west coast...well not really, but it can be annoying  ;D.

MM

I had to chuckle at the little things - the standard bilingual signs on the door saying the area is restricted, the Khaki Bean (which seems to be a mix of Timmies and Green Beans.  Heck, even the main entrance to the Role 3 looks the same.  I can see the CO's clerk being a bit of a Radar character.  ;D

Sure, lots of Hollywood, but I'm pretty sure we all expected that.

I must say I like it.. but of course this comes from a civilian with no military experience and therefore no tours in afghanistan.  I rarely watch TV with the exception of House and JAG (when it was on) but I'll watch this one, seems decent.  Besides it means 1 less hour of the Food network channel on in my house haha

Sprinting Thistle said:
Its gonna be a long tour for her with only one kit bag.

She is a surgeon so her tour is only 59 days, one kit bag should be enough.

It's TV folks. The program isn't for us. They're going to do what sells advertisement.

Just take it for what it is. Entertainment. It's not a friggin' training film.

I also rarely watch much TV anymore, except for Mythbusters... but I'm glad to see some Canadian content that has more to offer than just filling a slot. First Flashpoint, and now this.... TWO Canadian shows broadcasting on two of America's most watched networks. Maybe the world really will end on 2012.

medicineman said:
;D

Thanks - sucks being on the west coast...well not really, but it can be annoying  ;D.

MM

Time shift my friend, $5/mo from Shaw digital.. At least in my neck of the woods.

9D and I watched it tonight and both of us thought the acting was a tad flat but given time the characters might flesh themselves out and make for a watchable show as long as we consider it entertainment not documentary. If you want that you can get Life + Death in Kandahar from CBC (awesome job BTW)

Shaw sucks enough of my money every month - I'll keep the fiver for a couple of litres of gas instead  ;D.

MM

Think I'll need to watch another episode to make up my mind. Personally, I don't thing they put enough in the Premier.

Side Bar

uncle-midget-Oddball

There are several of US produced Canadian shows on TV channels other than the US networks.

Additionally at the present time  Scott MacGivery (Income Property), Mike Homes Inspection, and Property Virgins are on US HDTV.

Scott and Mike hosted "America's Top Handyman" on US HGTV last winter! Guys in the US love all of Mike's shows.

Some examples: Ice Road Truckers, Ice Pilots are US productions that are on both US and Cdn TV, other than network. (Note to CBC).

And don't forget reruns of The Red Green Show  ;D

Now back to your regularly scheduled Radio Chatter.

Back