• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Gloves

Nauticus

Inactive
Reaction score
So I did a search, and nothing came up to this subject.

I've read on here that, generally a member of the CF is allowed to use privately bought tactical/combat gloves instead of CF issued gloves (black leather with green lining).

The problem I had at BMQ, was that these issued gloves did not come in a size that fit my hand. According to the clothiers, the size I was given is larger than what I would comfortably and safely use on my hands in a training or real situation.

Keeping that in mind, are there any high quality, tried, tested, and true combat gloves that you use? Brand, etc?

I've heard good things of the Wiley-X CAG-1 glove (being thermal, cut-resistant, flame resistant, etc).

Sorry if I completely missed where this thread should go.

During BMQ you wear what you are told to, unless a medical or physical condition that is documented precludes you from wearing or using whatever piece of kit you can't use.
Combat gloves are exchangeable. Exchange them for ones that fit.
Personally, I really don't mind that pers use their own gloves, provided they conform with the uniform (ie hot pink = smack upside head) and they are safe. Other persons may have their own opinions, and there are folks out there who can steer you in the right direction.
I am not sure of this, but I thought the old black ones with green liners were on their way out.

Yeah, now you get CADPAT ones with no liners......or the big gauntlet type.

Gloves to me are like boots.  When the military can issue me ones that fit, I'll wear them.  Obviously, when on parade in DEU, I wear proper gloves but in combats, as long as they're black (and warm) I wear them.

I bought a great pair at the American PX in Bagram.  Neoprene outside, fleece inside.  Great for using on the ranges.

Nauticus said:
So I did a search, and nothing came up to this subject.

I've read on here that, generally a member of the CF is allowed to use privately bought tactical/combat gloves instead of CF issued gloves (black leather with green lining).

The problem I had at BMQ, was that these issued gloves did not come in a size that fit my hand. According to the clothiers, the size I was given is larger than what I would comfortably and safely use on my hands in a training or real situation.

Keeping that in mind, are there any high quality, tried, tested, and true combat gloves that you use? Brand, etc?

I've heard good things of the Wiley-X CAG-1 glove (being thermal, cut-resistant, flame resistant, etc).

Sorry if I completely missed where this thread should go.

Only recruits are issued the black combat gloves with green liners.

Once posted, all army pers are entitled to (and issued) a variety of gloves:

1 X Cadpat gloves;
1 X (or two if you're in mortars) Lightweight thermal mortar gloves

amongst others.

These gloves come in a wide variety of sizes quite unlike the old Combat gloves (black/green) that came only in S, M, L and XL.

ArmyVern said:
Only recruits are issued the black combat gloves with green liners.

Once posted, all army pers are entitled to (and issued) a variety of gloves:

1 X Cadpat gloves;
1 X (or two if you're in mortars) Lightweight thermal mortar gloves

amongst others.

These gloves come in a wide variety of sizes quite unlike the old Combat gloves (black/green) that came only in S, M, L and XL.
Ahhh. That explains everything fully. Thank you everybody for the quick and informative replies!

If a moderator wishes to, they can lock/close this thread. I received the information I was looking for.

Back