• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Engineering related fields/education

lnels

Inactive
Reaction score
What kind of jobs/related fields are available outside the army for combat engineers in the private sector? Is it possible to be in the army as a combat engineer while attaining a university degree? Maybe only if your in the reserves. I dont think i can get into RMC, my highschool marks arent as high as i hear you need to get into RMC. I would like to join the army ASAP, but its a risk to take without having any post-secondary education.

In general speak because I am not an Engineer.

lnels said:
What kind of jobs/related fields are available outside the army for combat engineers in the private sector?

I wouldn't worry too much about after the Army if you aren't in it yet.  To answer your question: construction, heavy equipment and if you get enough experience (many years), the skies the limit.  Any job within the Army can prepare you for many jobs.  Self confidence and maturity are some of the most important qualities that employers look for; including the military.

lnels said:
Is it possible to be in the army as a combat engineer while attaining a university degree? Maybe only if your in the reserves.

Yes in the reserves, because you are part time and your unit will likely accommodate your schedule. 

In the regular force no, because you will have a full time job.  During your full time job you could do correspondence that is reimbursed and if you show strength, you could be selected and be granted the opportunity of getting a degree.

Joining the Army "asap" and thinking of post military is not the proper attitude.  Who knows, you might even like it.

Back