• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Boots policy 2018-CANFORGEN 127/18

Rheostatic said:
These guys are advertising the Altberg Defender as CANFORGEN 127/18-Compliant, which is nice to see.
https://rampartcorp.com/collections/boots/products/bootforgen?variant=13590965190767
Hopefully we'll start seeing product details that show compliance with the CAF temperature and sole requirements, like we see with boots marketed to US and UK soldiers.
Thanks eh.  These look interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are the two relevant screens.

Bzzliteyr said:
open and screen cap low res jogs

Attachments

• Bootforgen1.JPG
    Bootforgen1.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 587
  • Bootforgen2.JPG
    Bootforgen2.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 863
While the Rocky's may not meet spec, it seems that certain styles of Dr. Martens might....the rubber soles are oil and slip resistant.

CanadianTire said:
While the Rocky's may not meet spec, it seems that certain styles of Dr. Martens might....the rubber soles are oil and slip resistant.

Don't buy Doc Martens... unless you're planning on hosting a Skin Head reunion (and are looking for little bovver, mate) of course :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFmDFMIvhQ

CanadianTire said:

How do S2Vs not meet spec? ???

Regards
G2G

Bought the Altberg Defenders. Trialling them now. They seem fine. Won’t be able to test in the field until February or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good2Golf said:
How do S2Vs not meet spec? ???

Regards
G2G

The soles apparently do not meet the spec...I believe someone else had posted about this earlier in the thread. The info came direct from Rocky.

I knew the requirement about soles was going to be another problem with this policy. It's no doubt a carryover from our silly procurement system and the whole "statement of requirements" crap. Guaranteed the company that made our crappy old boots checked off that box and justified it by saying "solle is made of rubber" and that was that.

Now a bunch of companies are caught off guard. I've used Meindls for almost 10 years and I've never seen it "oil, fuel, and slip resistant" marked on them anywhere, in any of their specs. This week I looked at a new pair and on the bottom of the sole it was stamped "oil, fuel, and slip resistant."

I was hoping common sense would prevail but of course, it won't... that is, until all the companies stamp it on their soles and then no one will need to use their brain and we'll all be happy campers again.

Ironically, the whole boot allowance thing was largely based off of the Rocky SV2s..... :facepalm:

:facepalm: indeed...  :not-again:

Maybe in due course, Rocky can update their moulds.  The S2V is a stand up boot.  :2c:

Regards

G2G

Hello, I'm in need of some assistance with regards to the bootforgen.  I recently purchased a pair of boots from a well known manufacturer that happens to be in the US. I used my USD visa to pay for the boots. Unfortunately my clerk is saying the claim cannot be processed because it is not in Canadian funds.  The amount of the boots is well within the 340 Canadian dollar limit.  Also the canforgen does speak to foreign currency, "FUNDING ENTITLEMENT. REGULAR SHIPPING COSTS AND FOREIGN CURRENCY

EXCHANGE COSTS WILL BE REIMBURSED ONLY IF THEY ARE WITHIN THE 340"

It seems logical to me that the CAF can use the BOC exchange rate on the date of purchase and do the exchange. Anyone ever experienced this issue? And if so, was it resolved?

Piece of Cake said:
Hello, I'm in need of some assistance with regards to the bootforgen.  I recently purchased a pair of boots from a well known manufacturer that happens to be in the US. I used my USD visa to pay for the boots. Unfortunately my clerk is saying the claim cannot be processed because it is not in Canadian funds.  The amount of the boots is well within the 340 Canadian dollar limit.  Also the canforgen does speak to foreign currency, "FUNDING ENTITLEMENT. REGULAR SHIPPING COSTS AND FOREIGN CURRENCY

It seems logical to me that the CAF can use the BOC exchange rate on the date of purchase and do the exchange. Anyone ever experienced this issue? And if so, was it resolved?

I would assume that if you had the receipt or credit card statement that showed the exchange rate, it would be good.  Also, a CC statement would show how much you paid in CAD.

Piece of Cake said:

Escalate the issue higher in your clerk's CoC, foreign currency claims are common and solved the way you laid out

As stated above take your monthly Visa credit card statement that shows the Cdn$ amt and name of supplier along with your receipt which verifies the name of the supplier/amt from the Visa statement,  so the clk can correlate the two. The Visa statement should show the USD converted to Cdn$.

Is "my clk" the Chief Clk? If not, see the CC.

P.S the Bank of Canada exchange rate is not what Visa charges. Visa charges approx. $0.035 commission on each USD exchanged.

Rifleman62 said:
As stated above take your monthly Visa credit card statement that shows the Cdn$ amt and name of supplier along with your receipt which verifies the name of the supplier/amt from the Visa statement,  so the clk can correlate the two. The Visa statement should show the USD converted to Cdn$.

Is "my clk" the Chief Clk? If not, see the CC.

P.S the Bank of Canada exchange rate is not what Visa charges. Visa charges approx. $0.035 commission on each USD exchanged.

As stated in the original post, this was charged to a USD visa. Thus it is posted to the card in US funds.

Piece of Cake said:
As stated in the original post, this was charged to a USD visa. Thus it is posted to the card in US funds.

Solved easily by using the exchange rate at the BOC on that day

Piece of Cake, missed in your post that you used a USD credit card. Have you looked at this Cdn credit card?

Home Trust Preferred Visa Card.  No fee currency exchange.

https://www.hometrust.ca/credit-cards/preferred-visa-card/

• No annual fee
• 1% CashBack with no limits to your total rewards
• No restrictions on where you earn your rewards
• Roadside Assist membership at no extra charge
• No foreign currency conversion surcharges (US, Europe, etc)

Auto Rental Collision Insurance
Need to rent a car? Use your Visa when paying and you’ll get Visa’s Auto Rental Collision and Loss coverage.

Rifleman62 said:

Is "my clk" the Chief Clk? If not, see the CC. see the Unit FSA.

The Chief Clerk is an HRA and doesn't handle claims processing anymore or employ the FSAs that do.

Piece of Cake said:

This is a very simple matter. Whoever is saying this about it not being paid because it is USD is wrong. Escalate it to their supervisor, and if their supervisor doesn't correct it, grieve it. Seriously, do not let this one go, it's ridiculous.

The CF-52, for which boots are claimed on, even has "foreign currency" and "rate of exchange" written right on it for this purpose.

Back