• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Colonel Joel Wolfe, 3 FER - RIP

geo

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

As you may or not know have heard I have the sad news of announcing that Colonel Joel Wolfe, Former CO & honorary colonel of 3 Field Engineer Regiment passed away on Saturday 10 January 2009.  The only details I have to pass on so far are the following:  

Service for Col Wolfe will take place on Thursday 15 January at 13:00 hrs at Paperman's and Sons on 3888 Jean Talon West in Montreal.

I know some of you will be unable to attend, but at least you can have a few moments to think back about what this man has not only done for the Regiment but for what he and his generation gave to all Canadians.

34 Combat Engineer Regiment

Lieutenant-Colonel (Retd) J. Joel Wolfe, C.M., C.D.
Côte-St-Luc, Que.
Member of the Order of Canada

During his military career, he served his country with great distinction in war and peace. Committed to strengthening Jewish fellowship, he was the first National Commander and a founding member of the Jewish War Veterans of Canada. He has also devoted time and energy to such organizations as the Canadian Zionist Federation and B'Nai Brith. He was appointed Honorary Colonel of the 3 Field Engineers Regiment in 1992, and has applied his significant military expertise to the benefit of the local community.

LCol(Ret'd) J. Joel Wolfe, CM, CD passed away on 10 Jan 09 at the age of 92.  After having served with the British 8th Army in WW2, he joined 3 Field Engineer regiment as a Major in 1953 and rose to the rank of LCol and became the unit's CO for the period 1963 -66.  He was appointed Honorary LtCol of the 3 Field Engineers Regiment in 1992 and HCol in 1995.

Back