• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cobra Carbine

COBRA-6

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Well it's been a while in the making, but today I put the finishing touch on my carbine project. I have some leave coming up that I plan to spend at the range  ;D 

Here she is:

carbine002a.jpg

A rundown:

- Rock River Arms Elite CAR UTE 2 16" mid-length
- Larue Tactical 9.0 free float rail system
- Tango Down vertical foregrip
- Tango Down Battle Grip pistol grip
- Magpul M93B stock
- Magpul HK-style single-point sling mount
- Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
- Larue Tactical EOTech mount
- EOTech 552
- Surefire M96 9v light

Also seen:

- Blue Force Gear SOC-C sling
- C Products LLC stainless steel 30/5 magazine
- Cobra-6's futon

Sweet, now you need some home invaders to try it out on!

Put my name down for this "Cobra-6's futon"! Now that looks awesome...oh, and the carbine you've got on it is pretty cool too. Those raccoons arent going to know what hit them.

Looks good.

We will have to get out to Connaught for some rounds down range

Infidel-6 said:
Looks good.

We will have to get out to Connaught for some rounds down range

If you fire at Connaught, be sure to yell "Take that, Cobra" everytime you fire a burst downrange  ;) And Stay away from teh Chernobyl-slaw

Finally got it to the range today, she shoots GREAT!! I didn't put as many rounds downrange as I would like, but it was enough to get the 552 zeroed and get a feel for her. I really like the way the Larue EOTech mount co-witnesses with the iron sights, you hardly notice them. I also like the Magpul stock alot, you can get a nice cheek weld with it.

Now I need more ammo, and more range time. Smith-tac needs to run another carbine course too  ;D

Mike, Dave A is running (or part of) a tactical carbine shoot this w/e at Connaught -- you going?

Sorry -- I was going to mention it (I cant go I am dogsitting) 

I got my Larue stuff in for my Mk12/SPR -- so I am gunbuilding  ;D -- I just need to T up with Blake and get that stock

My next "post tour gift" will be something along the same lines, a Mk11 clone... AR-10 20", Magpul PRS, LaRue rail, harris bipod, maybe a Leupold MR/T 1.5-5x20... mmm  ;D

I have a 1.5-5 MR/T -- me no likey so much  - I had a 2.5-10 Night Force NSX on my 20" AR10T

Any chance you'd let me field test it for you?  (the carbine in the first pic I should add)  Is the  "back up" sight integral to the upper?  :)

I suspect you'll be gone and back before the Mk 11 dream is realized... however if I do win the super-7 in the meantime you may get some "sports equipment" in the mail  ;)  though some people get "uppity" if you run your own gear overseas, I've seen the fallout, it's kinda messy  :-X

You're right about the rear iron sight, it's part of the upper, so it will never fall off! It limits the optics I can run, but I bought this to use as a CQB gun, not a SPR or a DMR, that's what I want the Mk 11 for  ;)

Here's the base gun:

06elute.gif

Cobra

I'll talk to Jeff about his next carbine course but with Jerry overseas I think it wont be till he gets back, you can always check the site to be sure, I know that the club has been shooting IDPA match's at the range recently, And they are doing another IDPA match on the 26th of Oct.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I was up at Jerry's place just before he shipped out and we kicked around some ideas for courses when he gets back. I did my IDPA course with them all in the spring, (Jerry, Jeff, Will, Pat, etc), but haven't made a match yet  :mad:

26 Oct man, if I'm still stuck in Pet I'll be there limping along as best as I can ;)

I'm going to take the next Carbine course for sure if my rehab goes well. I shot a Tact Carbine shoot just before I left and did fairly well for having no experience so I think doing the course can only help me both in my career and at future shoots....plus you know I like to play with things that go BANG  ;D

worth every penny from guys I know who've taken it...

Sweet,

I talked to my girlfriend about getting a Glock and a carbine and she said "Yeah sure!" Not the answer I was expecting! Anyway, once I get settled in Pet I plan on looking into the Glock first.

MG

Back