• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cobra Carbine

Mortar guy said:
I talked to my girlfriend about getting a Glock and a carbine and she said "Yeah sure!" Not the answer I was expecting!
tell me about it.

Few days ago, our hero asks his dear, darlin' li'l wife if he can buy a new handgun. She says "Let me see...(which always means No)...yeah. No problem."

Our hero now owns a SIG Sauer 226, which he purchased at a ridiculously low, low price, and hasn't stopped playing with since. It's on his lap right now, in fact. (He's not THAT crazy, he's trying to teach himself to aim without closing one eye.)

paracowboy said:
tell me about it.

Few days ago, our hero asks his dear, darlin' li'l wife if he can buy a new handgun. She says "Let me see...(which always means No)...yeah. No problem."

Our hero now owns a SIG Sauer 226, which he purchased at a ridiculously low, low price, and hasn't stopped playing with since. It's on his lap right now, in fact. (He's not THAT crazy, he's trying to teach himself to aim without closing one eye.)

Does our hero prefer Iso or Weaver?.....discuss...  ;D

he prefers Weaver, but he immediately closes his non-dominant eye. Which will get his silly ass greased some day by a dickhead coming in from his left. So, he's trying to go for more of an Iso stance in hopes of picking the front sight up with both eyes open.

It's not going so well. 30 years of poor habits are tough to break.

oh my...I bow and druel humbly at your shiny beauty...mmmm....carbine.....arrrrrrrr.....

Para,
Smith Tac personel have broken me of that habit, which I aquired from the ELCAN. I know you have tried the push out from the chest method 'triangle: method I call it bit it's a laymen term, Kev and Cobra could say the actual name of it if my descrition is to vague do research on it.

hope it helps... I love the Sig P226, I also like the Glock

Isosolese -- yes folks -- its back
  The only guys still shooting Weaver are 50 year old Brits and Para  ;D

Mortar -- you still in Ottawa or Pet -- I need to retrive some items to send them back to Afghan...

I'm in BC on leave amigo. The "items" you require were sent back to Pet via UAB so I'll be picking them up around mid October. Sorry for the delay in getting them back to you.

MG

Para, congrats on the SIG. Have you shot it yet?

I love my GLOCK 17 in oh-so-stylish OD Green. Now that I've gotten used to the trigger pull it's shooting great.

glock-1.jpg

Just last week Lebaron's called and my case of Winchester 9mm had finally come in, $170 for 1000rnds, and then today my Tactical Response Fighting Pistol DVD got here, so I'm gonna be that guy at the range with the 6004 high-ride and shitload of mags shooting at dots over and over and over for the foreseeable future.

COBRA-6 said:

I love my GLOCK 17 in oh-so-stylish OD Green. Now that I've gotten used to the trigger pull it's shooting great.

glock-1.jpg

Just last week Lebaron's called and my case of Winchester 9mm had finally come in, $170 for 1000rnds, and then today my Tactical Response Fighting Pistol DVD got here, so I'm gonna be that guy at the range with the 6004 high-ride and shitload of mags shooting at dots over and over and over for the foreseeable future.

Mike,

That doesn't look like "Winchester ball"... ;)

blake

COBRA-6 said:
not yet. But, fairly soon, I think. A buddy of mine has stumbled upon a couple boxes of .38 special, so we'll take my little snubbie out, and that's when I'll christen the SIG.

Now 9r wants a "laser dot thing" for it.  ::)

Love that girl...

+1, especialy if she wears the tombraider outfit when you go to the range  :D

tomb raider, not so much. But she does occasionaly get all "army-ed up" a la Sarah Conner in T2.

Meh...Sara Connor not working for me as much as Cobra's Lara Croft....  Hey Cobra, remember that scene in TR1 we kept going over again and again during movie night at the Casa?  ;)  Much better than even the cool arse scene of the two HC.2's pulling up and over Her Hotness in Siberia...  ;D

Good2Golf said:
Meh...Sara Connor not working for me as much as Cobra's Lara Croft....  Hey Cobra, remember that scene in TR1 we kept going over again and again during movie night at the Casa?  ;)  Much better than even the cool arse scene of the two HC.2's pulling up and over Her Hotness in Siberia...  ;D

good for the morale!  ;D

HitorMiss said:
whats the cost on that?

Run about $275US on websites that I've seen. I was thinking about picking up a Surefire X200 light but for $25 bucks more the TRL-2 with the frickin laser might be worth it...

Back