• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMO - Construction Management Organization?

RiflemanPhil

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,
I was just talking to a buddy of mine who just got back from overseas. He was telling me about the CMO and couldn't remember what it stood for. Anyhow, just wanted to get a bit more information about this organization. Are they actively recruiting members to it? Sounds like it could be an interesting go.
Cheers

For those interested, several months back the CMO became the Engineer Construction Squadron.  Why?  Because our doctrine has something called an Engineer Construction Squadron.

CMO and Construction squadron are 2 seperate entities, CMO manages construction projects outside the wire, using local civilian companies for paving projects and that sort of thing... Construction Sqn deals with building on-base infrastructure. CMO is an organization generated for tour, largely comprised of Reservists. Construction Sqn is comprised of construction techs, which are reg force.

Dog,
You are thinking of the Engineer Support Squadron in theatre.

I was a member of the CMO during the last Roto. It was a great go. The consisted mostly of people from engineer trades however, some of the team members were from the navy or log trades.

I was also CMO for ROTO 8. Our teams consisted of Air Force and Navy. It was a hell of an experiance. Really enjoyed the experiance. They have just changed the name again for the organisation to ECT I believe its called.

Back