• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Just to be devils advocate. And to get you thoughts.

The Globals have been missionized, for the E-11A BACN, The RAF Sentinal, and the Globaleye. Is the weapon firing/dropping the problem? I not trying to argue. Or is it just the whole getting to everything to work together? I am sure Canada would have access to almost any of the tech need on this platform from the different vendors. Or is the platform too small or not right? Or I guess all of the above and more? Say if the P-8 was not on the table.
the system that I have read about has a self-defense suite only; no offensive weapons at all. I suspect you could mount hardpoints on the wings but would it even be possible, given the fuselage dimensions, to fit internal stores. There is quite a difference in size between the 6000 and the B737. I can't see it as a problem for Poland since they would be used in a defense mode with ground to air or ground to ground weapons being deployed. The mission duration seems ok with up to 11 hour operating times.

There is a market for international MPA sales. They are much downgraded from the P-8

I think this more of the Provincial Dash 8 type of thing.

One more question to group. I always have more though :)

The CAF have the Cp-140 and before it the CP-107 but they also had a bunch of CP-121 Trackers from the Bonnie. Would a MPA light not have a roll if not as many P-8 were purchased? P-8 for weapons and overseas with a Global for home and no weapons so easier to get missionized?

“Up to 11 hours”; ok add an Active search load, 4 torps and the fuel. Once On Station, decend low to put the pattern in, pop back up to monitor the buoys…drop down again on a riser or ESM hit…pop back up.
So what you're saying that may use a little of the up to 11 hours of fuel? :)

There is a market for international MPA sales. They are much downgraded from the P-8

The CAF have the Cp-140 and before it the CP-107 but they also had a bunch of CP-121 Trackers from the Bonnie. Would a MPA light not have a roll if not as many P-8 were purchased? P-8 for weapons and overseas with a Global for home and no weapons so easier to get missionized?
Does Canada have an aircraft carrier anymore…
The MPA ‘light’ role sort of requires that

Does Canada have an aircraft carrier anymore…
The MPA ‘light’ role sort of requires that
No more of the use the S-2 Trackers did after the death of the Bonnie (grumble grumble) They were land based I thought they did Sov Pat and fishery and the environmental things.

So what you're saying that may use a little of the up to 11 hours of fuel? :)

Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

No more of the use the S-2 Trackers did after the death of the Bonnie (grumble grumble) They were land based I thought they did Sov Pat and fishery and the environmental things.
Honestly I don’t think there is a point to that, simply because the legs to get north would be problematic for anything short of the P-8 to remain on station and conduct missions once there.

Well they're are getting bites!

And it's on a Global 6000.
For the last time, that is not an MPA. It even specifically says it’s an early warning (AKA AEW&C…maybe without the C) aircraft.

So closer to an E-2 Hawkeye than a P-3 or P-8. Even the letters in the US system are different, denoting different mission sets.

So; if we can convince say…Russia to keep their subs away from continental North America, sure.

* forget trackers and MPA light. Go MPA or get out of the game.

For the last time, that is not an MPA. It even specifically says it’s an early warning (AKA AEW&C…maybe without the C) aircraft.

So closer to an E-2 Hawkeye than a P-3 or P-8. Even the letters in the US system are different, denoting different mission sets.
I know that.

I was replying to the post about Saab not having a market for their mission aircraft and Globaleye was mentioned as one of them.

I think Bombardier should try and sell the gov on something like that or joint rivet etc type of system. Then they can get money to play around with that and leave the MPA job to the P8

Kind of related, kind of not...

My understanding was Airbus bought a 51% stake in the Bombardier C-series. Could Bombardier use that airframe for this idea, rather than the Global?

(I'm still advocating for the P-8 for both operational & political reasons. Just wondering about the potential availability of the above.)

Assuming Airbus said “ok”…sure. But, then they are still designing an airplane and the cost and timeline realities are the same as the 6500.

My understanding was Airbus bought a 51% stake in the Bombardier C-series. Could Bombardier use that airframe for this idea, rather than the Global?

(I'm still advocating for the P-8 for both operational & political reasons. Just wondering about the potential availability of the above.)
I'm pretty sure they since sold their remaining stake in the c-series.

Bombardier sold the whole thing to AirBus. Plus Bombardier also sold the subassembly plant to them 2021.

Airbus could put a bid in with it if it opens up the competition.

Their current plan is and was to turn A321 into a MPA for the French Aerospace Forces. With Germany as a partner but Germany is getting the P8.

Would be interesting to make a A330 MPA.
But I suspect a huge portion of the fuel load would be lost to internal stores.

Would be interesting to make a A330 MPA.
But I suspect a huge portion of the fuel load would be lost to internal stores.
are the sub hunters not normally based on narrow bodies? Is there a reason for that or is it a historical accident?

Back