• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Interoperability is a big thing.
Right now the AUKUS group is making steam.

Lockheed doesn’t need an MPA or an AWACS, they have the Fighter dominance in air at this point, plus the SOF FloatHerc that you mentioned picking up steam.

Plus they are working with Airbus on the next gen Refueling bird.
I not saying you are not correct. Mostly all true. Just I know our PM. (and we are having funny debating it) :)

Put two PP in front of him. One the Boeing P-8 with all the staff recommendations and Global Affairs telling him the US wants this the other from Bombardier but with a note from the lets say Quebec Inc. on it plus the phone call he gets at home. Which is the pick?

I say, based on the Bombardier argument, this company should put a counter-bid in to oppose the 6500 series unicorn:

View attachment 77746

• already an established airframe with years of satisfied customers
  • international sales and supply chain
  • spare parts not an issue
  • it is actually “real” and exits already

And, Block 2 has already been planned…

View attachment 77747

Additional savings could be had if we went all in and got the hangers, Tower, techs, AMSE and optional SAR helo add-on package.

View attachment 77748

Again, all the FP aviation department systems exist, unlike the 6500U (unicorn) aircraft.

Looks like Bombardier has more than one competitor to worry about here…
SHIT....that's a bunch of early memories coming back! I had the Fisher Price plane (the blue wing one) and airport. It was good toy!

The plane door even had the airstair on it. The luggage conveyor turned, the helicopter blades turned. I always wanted to get it to lift off.

I say, based on the Bombardier argument, this company should put a counter-bid in to oppose the 6500 series unicorn:

View attachment 77746

• already an established airframe with years of satisfied customers
  • international sales and supply chain
  • spare parts not an issue
  • it is actually “real” and exits already

And, Block 2 has already been planned…

View attachment 77747

Additional savings could be had if we went all in and got the hangers, Tower, techs, AMSE and optional SAR helo add-on package.

View attachment 77748

Again, all the FP aviation department systems exist, unlike the 6500U (unicorn) aircraft.

Looks like Bombardier has more than one competitor to worry about here…
You have an entertaining sarcasm streak with a hint of evil and I will be raising a Beer later in toast . Carry On Sir

I not saying you are not correct. Mostly all true. Just I know our PM. (and we are having funny debating it) :)

Put two PP in front of him. One the Boeing P-8 with all the staff recommendations and Global Affairs telling him the US wants this the other from Bombardier but with a note from the lets say Quebec Inc. on it plus the phone call he gets at home. Which is the pick?
Bombardier should look into Nuclear Submarines - and partner with someone to get in AUKUS and get some big Money payments...

Bombardier should look into Nuclear Submarines - and partner with someone to get in AUKUS and get some big Money payments...
That can't possibly go wrong.
images

I don't give the US as much sway over individual programs, I think if they see overall improvement in total spending and it would be enough. Plus that can be fixed easily enough, bring Lockheed on the bombardier program. Fixed. Lockheed needs a MPA offering anyway. But they did pick DGMS-C so maybe too late.
It has demonstrably been shown that if the US wants Canada to buy something defense-related, Canada will…three bags full… (F-35, NASAMS, SPY-7, P-8 (TBC), etc.)
Pick?
1685135195686.gif

That was likely windows spell check having a coniption fit when you try to use canadian/british spelling.
He was referring to Bombardier's print ad (above) for their MPA proposal...

A Canadian company but calling itself "Bombardier Defense" (and www.defense.bombardier.com) with the US spelling rather than Canadian spelling.

He was referring to Bombardier's print ad (above) for their MPA proposal...

A Canadian company but calling itself "Bombardier Defense" (and www.defense.bombardier.com) with the US spelling rather than Canadian spelling.
I suspect that Defense fits better for international work.
Bombardiers Vaporware eventually might be a fairly reasonable option for smaller countries with limited coast lines and deployment requirements.

I doubt that Bombardier has any belief that they have a snowballs chance in hell of this contract - but throwing the idea out there may get bites from countries that don’t require the range or interoperability that Canada does. The Middle East and some European countries and Singapore for example could probably use something like that well.

I suspect that Defense fits better for international work.
Bombardiers Vaporware eventually might be a fairly reasonable option for smaller countries with limited coast lines and deployment requirements.

I doubt that Bombardier has any belief that they have a snowballs chance in hell of this contract - but throwing the idea out there may get bites from countries that don’t require the range or interoperability that Canada does. The Middle East and some European countries and Singapore for example could probably use something like that well.
I suspect BBD's goal is to shake money out of the federal government on some other project. If smaller countries were looking for something like they are proposing, the Saab offerings (Swordfish/Globaleye) would have found buyers.

I suspect BBD's goal is to shake money out of the federal government on some other project. If smaller countries were looking for something like they are proposing, the Saab offerings (Swordfish/Globaleye) would have found buyers.
Well they're are getting bites!

And it's on a Global 6000.

I want to go to CANSEC and ask them for a tour/walk thru of the plane in the pic!!

After that we will have a chat about what “proven capability” means.

After they yammer on…I’ll tell them what I do for a living. 🙂
Just to be devils advocate. And to get you thoughts.

The Globals have been missionized, for the E-11A BACN, The RAF Sentinal, and the Globaleye. Is the weapon firing/dropping the problem? I not trying to argue. Or is it just the whole getting to everything to work together? I am sure Canada would have access to almost any of the tech need on this platform from the different vendors. Or is the platform too small or not right? Or I guess all of the above and more? Say if the P-8 was not on the table.

Well they're are getting bites!

And it's on a Global 6000.
That’s a product that already exists. We need a product that exists and don’t have the time to wait for a product that doesn’t exist (re the Cyclone and Kingfisher. Even Saab’s Swordisher has ceased development.

Blackmail or coddling Bombardier. If they could have developed a viable product when SSE was released. Perhaps they could compete in a notional AEW&C product if they wanted to develop at least a concept instead of a fancy picture. Right now they are sucking money out of my banking account.

My first thought is “there is no data”. On what the all up weight would look like, and how much search and kill stores that would be. Range - and how low level work and the transitioning between cruise and low altitudes would affect that.

It’s a model airplane they are claiming is capable. That is an irresponsible statement at best.

Integrating sensors and stuff is easy’ish. It’s the claims “it’s great”. Sure. In theory…

Back