• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cmbt CADPAT shirts

-Skeletor- said:
Pretty stupid and ignorant comment IMO.

Maybe for you the pockets on the sleeves is useless, but for others it is important who work in the field it's good.  Its practicality, nothing to do with video games...

Velcro is for the IFF patches.. good things to have.

Yup your right I have never worked in the field, never wore my FFO actually except to take my hero shot.  ;)  I'm just like every other CSS troop. I spent my tour(s) between air conditioned rooms, Tim Horton's and the market, yup that's right.  ;)

Have you ever seen the plethora of ridiculous patches people feel the need to hang off every piece of unused velcro. I watched a reserve jump qualified Cpl from the North York Rangers hang a Brit Para Pegasus badge off of his shoulder protectors. How about the silly DFW2T ? Im just saying, to me, it leads to a look that's too close to something I saw in a video game somewhere, and again to me leads to a less than professional look.

But if my opinion angers you and makes you think of me as ignorant that's ok I can sleep at night. Feel free to contact me via PM if would like any info.

Halifax Tar said:
Yup your right I have never worked in the field, never wore my FFO actually except to take my hero shot.  ;)  I'm just like every other CSS troop. I spent my tour(s) between air conditioned rooms, Tim Horton's and the market, yup that's right.  ;)

Have you ever seen the plethora of ridiculous patches people feel the need to hang off every piece of unused velcro. I watched a reserve jump qualified Cpl from the North York Rangers hang a Brit Para Pegasus badge off of his shoulder protectors. How about the silly DFW2T ? Im just saying, to me, it leads to a look that's too close to something I saw in a video game somewhere, and again to me leads to a less than professional look.

But if my opinion angers you and makes you think of me as ignorant that's ok I can sleep at night. Feel free to contact me via PM if would like any info.

Settle down there tiger and relax.  You took my comment a bit harsh when it wasn't meant to be.  Did I ever say you have never worked in the field ? No.  I just meant by the people out in the field I meant more the Combat Arms types and the support guys who can go out with them(Medic, Sigs).  Just because you feel that something is useless doesn't mean others do.

As for the comment about all CSS troops spending their tours in a/c offices, I think the guys doing CLPs all tour would dissagree.  If you spent your tour in an a/c office, etc awesome good for you, whatever. 

D2FWT? No idea what that is.

For the most part, the patches troops wear on the velcro is the ISAF or OMLT patch(only ones I saw on roto anyways), the cat eye / IR patch and IR flags.  The only custom patches I've seen wore Coy patches worn on back packs and jump wings on arm sleeves/brassards not a big deal IMO at least those kind of patches anyways.

Your post didn't anger me.. I didn't agree with it and posted a response countering it.  Oh an I have no problem sleeping at night and don't need any thought of you or anyone else to make me sleep better  ::)

mover1 said:
OHHH I see a new CP Gear piece of kit coming. A velcro cadpat cover to cover your velcro.. OMG genius...CP gear owes me!!!  ;D
[\quote]

Well I want the uniform that is all velcro, PER season is a comming. And I want to be the fly on the wall. >:D

Article in Air Force Technology Feb 2011, reporting what is more than likely old news to the CF.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/features/feature109518/

21st-Century Camouflage

Canada is, however, arguably the leader in the class, having broken the mould with its CADPAT design. In tests, this revolutionary fractal disruptive pattern, which mimics the dappling, texture and irregular boundaries found in nature, has been shown to make soldiers almost twice as difficult for observers to spot. Unsurprisingly, it has spawned a host of close imitations, including the US Marine Corps' own MARPAT combat utility uniform.

mover1 said:
Someone complained about the velcro catching on stuff

OHHH I see a new CP Gear piece of kit coming. A velcro cadpat cover to cover your velcro.. OMG genius...CP gear owes me!!!  ;D

Seriously I think that this evolution is a long time coming.

I bought some OTW shirts for this summer, and I was thinking of getting some of these made up so I didn't stand out like an eyesore. I'd buy a couple for sure.

CanadianTire said:
MedTech - thanks. I wasn't sure if it was Crye making them or not. I did see some guys, not sure who they were (most had American flags, some with British) wearing the high-tech multicam with the built-in knee pads and dri-fire fabric around the lower back area.
A lot of "specialized" units from a few nations wear multi-cam over there with the forementioned features like built in knee patches, dri fire, etc.

I would like to sew on my own pockets like the tunics mentioned in this thread, but I'm certain everyone that knows me wouldn't beleive me when I would say"it was issued that way".  I may try for the hell of it anyway.

As far as having more velcro real estate for CoD patches, well there's certain types in every trade that go for that.  The only thing we wore was IFF patches and a IR flag. No TCCC, ISAF, TF or any other lame "look at me!" patch.

Lone Wolf AT said:
I wouldn't say TCCC is a look at me badge.
No, I didn't mean for it and the regular ISAF/TF/OMLT/etc. badges to be considered that.  It's the other non-issue badges I find annoying.  To each there own (within their CoC limits), but it's usually a certain type with all kinds of lame stuff plastered to them.

-Skeletor- said:
DFW2T? No idea what that is.

From my understanding, it's from 2 SVC BN... MSE Ops.

"Don't F*** With 2 Truck (As in the Company)"

Regards,
TN2IC

DirtyDog said:
It's the other non-issue badges I find annoying.  To each there own (within their CoC limits), but it's usually a certain type with all kinds of lame stuff plastered to them.

I should clarify I agree with this.  If the velcro is designed for any sort of useful patches, IR flags, IFF, whatever else than I am all for it.  What I'm against is the lame bullsh** that some guys insist on putting on their velcro real estate.  I know some serious lamers wearing things likes desert cadpat flags, nametapes, molan labe patches, and they have never even been overseas, just being posers.  I think that sorta stuff makes us all look bad and unprofessional, the level of posery is probably the worst in the reserves in my opinion, and I am a reservist.

-Steve

I wore two "non-issue" patches overseas. One was my regimental tab; it was quite small and inconspicuous and went above my ISAF patch.  For a brief time, most of my platoon wore our individual section patches underneath our IR flags. Then someone else saw it in the mess and complained, so those were relegated to body armour only. There was an NSE patch floating around....

I would love for some one in KAF to tell me to remove my 10th Mountain Div badge..  >:D

Climb To Glory,
TN2IC

TN2IC said:
I would love for some one in KAF to tell me to remove my 10th Mountain Div badge..  >:D

Climb To Glory,
TN2IC

If it's an authorized patch why would they?

"Climb To Glory"
Guessing you are a bit proud to be an attachment to them? Or whatever you are that allows you to wear that patch.

hooahhh

TN2IC

Buddy you just inspired me. I can see you over there right now. Beer gut hanging over your belt loops. eating a KFC double down with last nights mustard on your t-shirt.  Still wearing your beret like the hardcore trucker commando you are. Bragging it up with the EME seals.

I have changed my sections name to be more awe inspiring.

Instead of 429 (T) Sqn Readiness section I changed it over to to

the Four-hundred and Twenty Ninth Air Mobility Squadron
Warfighter Capability Flight
Fit, Trained, Ready,
Fortunae Nihil
(Nothing to Chance)

I need a patch!

Next time I am walking the board walk say hi.
I am the guy with my beer gut over hanging my beltloop eating my KFC double down, with last nights mustard on my flying suit. Wearing my wedge like a lackadaisical airforce type bragging it up with the Airbus weenies.

;D

Cheers my friend and have a great tour.
Drive safe!!

Blah hahaha... That's too funny bud. Made my day.  ;D

Climb to Glory.... Drink the Kool Aid!

Hey, got any openings in the 933 world? I need a change of pace than hanging out with the EME Seals.. LMAO.

FYI, I didn't have mustard yesterday. It was ketchup.

TN2IC said:

Climb To Glory,
TN2IC

I'll be there soon.

;)

I can't tell in that picture if the large bottom pockets are there or not but the shirts I saw in Edm had none.

Lone Wolf AT said:
I can't tell in that picture if the large bottom pockets are there or not but the shirts I saw in Edm had none.

Looking at the photo, the seams for the bottom pockets are visible.

Back