• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cmbt CADPAT shirts

Interesting to see the pics of that "new" uniform.  You're saying a bunch of guys have these exact ones (same hook and loop tape locations, ect.)

It looks though like anyone with a sewing machine could have moved the pockets and added some milspec hook and loop tape.  The guy could just be saying it came that way because he wants to keep the heat off?

If this is a new NSN item though, I wonder why such a small change? Would have been nice if they cleaned up the front of the tunic a bit also, I find the chest pockets have a lot of issues with pens and stuff falling out, and usually they look all floppy, just would be nice to see improvement since we don't need to hold FN mags.

-Steve

I have no reason to doubt the people wearing them as they are all from the same general area, they are a mix of reg and res, and here on course, someone would have called BS it it wasn't on.  The photo's aren't the best quality because they were done with a Cell Phone in a smoking hut, but the uniformity of the shirts and general quality suggest to me that these were done in bulk, and not by a tailor or seamstress, but then again I'm no expert at that kind of thing, just that they look very professional in fit and finish as it were.

Old and Tired said:
I have no reason to doubt the people wearing them as they are all from the same general area, ...
What is the area?

The one's I saw had that but the front of the shirt is missing the two lower pockets and the breast pockets looked similar to the breast pockets on the parka.

Last guy I saw was LOG.  Considering the toque issue there is no way these are personal purchase

If the pockets have that big-ass piece of Velcro on the outside, like the new rain coat, I'm not interested.  All that does is get caught on everything.  :-\

Lone Wolf AT said:
The one's I saw had that but the front of the shirt is missing the two lower pockets and the breast pockets looked similar to the breast pockets on the parka.

Sounds like an improvement, kind of like the USMC style tunics.  You should have got some pictures of the front also!  I'll keep my fingers crossed, hopefully these will make it out eventually. 

-Steve

I would be interested to hear Verns thoughts/perspectives on this... As an MWO Sup Tech she may have some ideas...

Halifax Tar said:
I would be interested to hear Verns thoughts/perspectives on this... As an MWO Sup Tech she may have some ideas...

Yeah, maybe they will have some insight.

The trial tunic theory is possible also. But why would any supply tech issue trial tunics to new soldiers coming into clothing stores.

-Steve

Steve1987 said:
Yeah, maybe they will have some insight.

The trial tunic theory is possible also. But why would any supply tech issue trial tunics to new soldiers coming into clothing stores.

-Steve

As a Sup Tech I find its fishy but I am not well versed in Army clothing issues/topics or SOI's... Hoping Vern will pick up on this topic and comment....

Steve1987 said:
If this is a new NSN item though, I wonder why such a small change?
Are these new items?  A deeper look may show it is the same NSN.  It is possible to have a configuration change that does not change an items NSN.  It is also possible that some group outside the Army CoC has authority to do this bulk monification to the clothing; through returns & exchanges at the local clothing stores, some of these modified shirts are making thier way out to members in the Army CoC.

Maybe an Army unit has been doing this sans authority - and here again a few examples of the modified shirts diffuse to other units through exchanges/returns at the local clothing stores.

We could speculate for ages on this.  Maybe somebody wants to ask the LCMM for Combat Clothing - that is the person who would know what is going on at the national level.

MedTech said:
That's because the MTP was designed to be a different cam pattern but not a different cut from their existing uniforms. The US Army IS wearing MultiCam. There is no deviation. It's just made by someone other then Crye Precision, and in the ACU cut.

In reference to my earlier response to this...the multinational, bearded individuals I saw wearing MultiCam were wearing the actual Crye Precision Combat Pants AC and Combat Shirt AC (with optional knee and elbow pads!). Tons of these guys went through the Cambridge...most of them Brits and Afghans, but several Yanks and Aussies too. Also saw a few armed dog handlers wearing MultiCam.

I asked a friend at ADM (Mat) to make enquiries about the shirts. The response he got was according to CTS (Soldier Systems) they are not an authorised modification.  Supposedly 2000 shirts were modified at a local level, for a specific purpose. They are held  at first line on local Supply Customer Accts, they do not show on the national system.

Authorised or not, it appears from some of the responses in this thread that the mod seems to be popular.

XMP said:
Authorised or not, it appears from some of the responses in this thread that the mod seems to be popular.

Anything that makes us look more CoD like with velcro badges for added bling is good for some people... I personally miss the old OD green combats!

Its more practical for those that spend most of their time with body armour on.  Call of Duty having nothing to do with it.

Lone Wolf AT said:
Its more practical for those that spend most of their time with body armour on.  Call of Duty having nothing to do with it.

Agreed.  I could care less about velcro.  The problem is currently the pockets on the issued tunic are not useful with armor, something as simple as moving the pockets could be a very practical update with little cost, we know it works based on the CADPAT AR tunics done this way by tailors overseas, and the new rain gear, not to mention all the other nations that have already made this upgrade, it just seems like simple logic.

Halifax Tar said:
Anything that makes us look more CoD like with velcro badges for added bling is good for some people...

Pretty stupid and ignorant comment IMO.

Maybe for you the pockets on the sleeves is useless, but for others it is important who work in the field it's good.  Its practicality, nothing to do with video games...

Steve1987 said:
Agreed.  I could care less about velcro.

Velcro is for the IFF patches.. good things to have.

Someone complained about the velcro catching on stuff

OHHH I see a new CP Gear piece of kit coming. A velcro cadpat cover to cover your velcro.. OMG genius...CP gear owes me!!!  ;D

Seriously I think that this evolution is a long time coming.

Back