• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cmbt CADPAT shirts

No.  That is on the rain jacket.  This one's I saw were up and down not on an angle

We have a couple of guys here in St Jean on ILQ that have TW Shirts with pockets on the sleeves.  I ask them tomorrow where they came from.  The quality of the work and the uniformity of them suggest to me that they are either issued that way or are a very good tailor job.

Like I said, I'll ask tomorrow.  Both guys I've seen here with them are from Ont units.

Tango18A said:
I had 2 of mine done in theater, they all came without. You might be seeing "New ones" that have been cleaned and reissued. Or locally modified prior to issue.

Possibly...the pockets were definitely smaller than the inside lower pockets and they had a pen holder on the outside of the front edge. They were issued like that in Edmonton; I can't remember though if they were in the package or not, so they may have been added on by the base tailor prior to issue. Not everyone got them - most of us were still getting used with or without the pockets, or new without. Could have been a new thing too that was just filtering into the system.

The two I had done in theatre were done on the boardwalk...about a month later, we were all ordered to turn in any shirt without sleeve pockets to get ones with pockets. These I believe were locally modified prior to being issued as they had a local guy working for NSE CQ doing this sort of stuff.

I think we need to diffentiate here...

The ARID Combat shits (The ones you get issued for Afghan or other arid climate regions) have a mixture of those that have been modded and those that haven't. Upon my arrival in KAF on April 27 2010 all members who were issued shirts without pockets were to go to clothing in KAF and exchange them for those with the pockets. Things may be different now than the were but no member should have to go to the tailor on the boardwalk to get the pockets sewn on the shirts.

This is whole reason of the mass exchange or shirts. The ones without the pockets were sent over to the tailor shop beside the NSE CQ and modded to have the pockets.

HT - I was on the tour before you. We had the same thing, but it was directed only after I'd been there for a few weeks. Initially, the answer was always the same - clothing stores had the size down or the size up from what I needed. I could have waited, but I chose to go to the boardwalk. Turns out I should have just saved my money as I only ended up actually wearing only two of my tunics throughout the tour.  :)

Yup after I posted mine I notices I pretty much echoed yours lol minor differences but not much...

Halifax Tar said:
The ARID Combat shits (The ones you get issued for Afghan or other arid climate regions) have a mixture of those that have been modded and those that haven't. Upon my arrival in KAF on April 27 2010 all members who were issued shirts without pockets were to go to clothing in KAF and exchange them for those with the pockets. Things may be different now than the were but no member should have to go to the tailor on the boardwalk to get the pockets sewn on the shirts.

This is still correct.
In the box now.

Regards,
TN2IC

I checked with the two guys that are wearing shirts with sleeve pockets on ILQ with me.  They received them from clothing stores in Petawawa.  I get a couple of pic with the Cell Phone and post them.

I saw a couple issued to some troops on BMQ last year, which I can assure came like that from stores.

Update, Last night, I asked both members whats up with them, the gear wh*re Cpl. was issued it by stores, and the Sgt. told me to go bother someone else only not so nicely.

Would like to see pics of said shirts.

Preferably shots of it not on the person, and some on.

MedTech said:
Would like to see pics of said shirts.

Preferably shots of it not on the person, and some on.

I would assume they would look something like the picture below.. same style as the AR Combats essentially.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/csor/Hatakestrife/CSOR212.jpg

brandon_ said:
Update, Last night, I asked both members whats up with them, the gear wh*re Cpl. was issued it by stores, and the Sgt. told me to go bother someone else only not so nicely.

Do you have an issue with this Cpl?  The Sgt is just a Sgt.. but you keep calling this Cpl a gear wh*re.  Is it a bad thing that he has purchased some kit(like a lot of other Soldiers) for use on training, possible deployments, etc.

-Skeletor- said:
Do you have an issue with this Cpl?  The Sgt is just a Sgt.. but you keep calling this Cpl a gear wh*re.  Is it a bad thing that he has purchased some kit(like a lot of other Soldiers) for use on training, possible deployments, etc.

No issue with him, he's a pretty good friend. It was an inside joke for a while, where I couldn't remember his name in less referring to him as that., It just got stuck.

Today while waiting for a base taxi at the CFB Kingston Canex, a Captain offered to give me a ride. Turns out he had been a project manager on Clothe the soldier. I asked him about sleeve pockets and he told me that they were working on that.

Take it for what it's worth.

Maybe we'll end up going in the same direction as the Brits and the Americans and choosing Multicam. I saw both uniforms overseas. The Brit version was pretty much a copy of the phased out DPM, just with the Multicam pattern. The American ones I saw were more like the original Cyre Multicam. Regardless - all the Multicam uniforms I've seen in person or in pictures have had sleeve pockets as part of the design.

Old and Tired said:
We have a couple of guys here in St Jean on ILQ that have TW Shirts with pockets on the sleeves.  I ask them tomorrow where they came from.  The quality of the work and the uniformity of them suggest to me that they are either issued that way or are a very good tailor job.

Like I said, I'll ask tomorrow.  Both guys I've seen here with them are from Ont units.

Did you get an answer?

I talked to both guys about their shirts.  Both of them received the shirts from Base Supply Clothing stores in December when they were exchanging kit to come on course.  The shirts came direct from supply with the pockets on the sleeves.  Somehting else I noticed is that they have a second vecro tap on the left shoulder.  I'm going to get some photos of the shirts and post them here when I get the chance.  They're in a different syndicate so I ahve to wait till schedules align to get a picture or two.

CanadianTire said:
Maybe we'll end up going in the same direction as the Brits and the Americans and choosing Multicam. I saw both uniforms overseas. The Brit version was pretty much a copy of the phased out DPM, just with the Multicam pattern. The American ones I saw were more like the original Cyre Multicam. Regardless - all the Multicam uniforms I've seen in person or in pictures have had sleeve pockets as part of the design.

That's because the MTP was designed to be a different cam pattern but not a different cut from their existing uniforms. The US Army IS wearing MultiCam. There is no deviation. It's just made by someone other then Crye Precision, and in the ACU cut.

MedTech - thanks. I wasn't sure if it was Crye making them or not. I did see some guys, not sure who they were (most had American flags, some with British) wearing the high-tech multicam with the built-in knee pads and dri-fire fabric around the lower back area.

Here are the pictures that I promised.  Sorry for the delay.  Being on course and keeping up with the goings on here on army.ca can be a little trying.

I'll try and get the stock number off the shirt tomorrow if I can.  It does have a different NSN than the ones that I have, but the size codes are the same.

H

Back