• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cmbt CADPAT shirts

Only if they are AR. There was a local contract on 1-07 to perform this. But as for the temperate, NO.

I've seen a few people wearing temperate cadpat uniforms with the pocket sleeves.

The TW patter  OTW shirt from CPGear is pretty rad, but that's the only thing with "sleeve pockets" I have seen other than the ARID pattern combat set.

Some soldiers have on their own attached pockets to their TW CADPAT shirts and wear these shirts in the field.  It is not authorized, but some units chain of command turn a blind eye.  Hopefully the day will come when it is an authorized modification.

brandon_ said:
I've seen a few people wearing temperate cadpat uniforms with the pocket sleeves.

Sure it wasn't their Gortex rain jackets?

MM

I've seen several people with pocket sleeves on their TW CADPAT tunics...most had them done of their own volition/expense although, from what I've been told it was recommended by their CoC. One guy I know actually had a shirt issued that way.

And then there's the CP guys...breast pockets moved to the sleeves, inner velcro pockets taken out and moved to the breast and the outer lower pockets removed altogether so the shirt can be tucked in.

From what I've heard, most field/combat arms units won't take issue with sleeve pockets in the field but there will be issues in garrison.

I should add the that the majority of the TW sleeve pockets did not have velcro.

medicineman said:
Sure it wasn't their Gortex rain jackets?

MM
absolutely positive; it was only two people.  They may have been sowed on at their own expensive, One of them is a bit of a gear whore, and likes to have everything before everyone else. The other Is a tad large, and more likely has some pretty modified combats.

brandon_ said:
.......  They may have been sowed on at their own expensive, One of them is a bit of a gear *****, and likes to have everything before everyone else.

;D

If indeed it was done by the individual on his/her own volition, then it could be a 'Chargable Offense' (ie. an 'illegal' modification).

dangerboy said:
Hopefully the day will come when it is an authorized modification.
The day will not come.  The Army is already looking to the next field uniform, and that is what will come first.

MCG said:
The day will not come.  The Army is already looking to the next field uniform, and that is what will come first.

Is there any official word on this or information from clothe the soldier?  Just curious if this is something that will happen anytime soon.

Steve1987 said:
Is there any official word on this or information from clothe the soldier? 
There will not be "any official word" from clothe the soldier. "Clothe the Soldier" is the name of a project that brought us several items of kit - that office will not exist & a new project team will bring the new uniforms.  You can find information on the DWAN - the new project goes by the name along the lines of "next generation combat uniform."

OFFS,

I have 4 X TW AR cadpat shirts ... two have the sleeve pockets and two do not. Obviously we now have a mixture in the system.

You get issued what you get issued. Life goes on.

I believe someone had posted something from MREX here that DRDC was looking for consultations on their research into next-gen camo for uniforms.

ArmyVern said:
OFFS,

I have 4 X TW AR cadpat shirts ... two have the sleeve pockets and two do not. Obviously we now have a mixture in the system.

You get issued what you get issued. Life goes on.

None of AR shirt had the pockets, and all were in the package. I had two done in Canada and two done in theatre. It looks like the new ones that are being issued with the sleeve pockets still have the inner lower pockets.

CanadianTire said:
None of AR shirt had the pockets, and all were in the package. I had two done in Canada and two done in theatre. It looks like the new ones that are being issued with the sleeve pockets still have the inner lower pockets.

I had 2 of mine done in theater, they all came without. You might be seeing "New ones" that have been cleaned and reissued. Or locally modified prior to issue.

Is it like the ones in this picture?

220101003LQA_0081.jpg

Back