• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

clothing styles you hate!

NL_engineer said:
Well pet peeve is young girls (under 18) that wear clothing bought from "SLU*S R US".  Also on that larger women who shop at the same store  ::).

Ewwwww!

Women over 200 lbs (as wide as they are tall) wearing spandex...... :-X

Spandex:  it's a privilege, not a right.

NL_engineer said:
Well pet peeve is young girls (under 18) that wear clothing bought from "SLU*S R US".  Also on that larger women who shop at the same store  ::).

Add to that, women who are old enough to be my mother who shop from this store and think it looks good on them.  Just because it fits, doesn't mean you should dress like some skank from behind the liquor store.  ick ick ick.

Add: the burqa or burkha.

"View from behind a burkha. This is what virtually every women saw in Afghanistan until 2001. Though the practice continues in patches, it is no longer brutally enforced by the Taliban, liberating millions of Afghan women. And they are free to see a wider range of images too. "

(click on image)

Care of Associated Press and ISAF home page

Edited a day later to say: Sorry for this inappropriate sober post everybody (in an otherwise fun thread). I guess I'm reading too much serious jihadi-stuff lately.

leroi said:

"View from behind a burkha. This is what virtually every women saw in Afghanistan until 2001. Though the practice continues in patches, it is no longer brutally enforced by the Taliban, liberating millions of Afghan women. And they are free to see a wider range of images too. "

(click on image)

/quote]

Agreed.

leroi said:

(click on image)

*Sigh*...nice to make a fun topic into political statement. ::)

Ex-Dragoon said:
*Sigh*...nice to make a fun topic into political statement. ::)

**emergency topic uplift post**

I hate woman who wear clothing obviously too small for them.  Muffin Top is it?

Did we do guys with too tight pants so that he's got a little *ahem* mooseknuckle on the go?  That's wrong.  so very wrong.

Hihi, since I am french and from Longueuil... I have to say that the "Coupe Longueuil" or the mullet haircut is so wrong!
It is very well known as the Coupe Longueuil here in Montreal, not sure about the exact history of this name...

http://www.google.ca/search?q=coupe+longueuil&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fr:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Have the teens in your area caught onto the hoodies adorned with many of the same cartoon image placed an inch apart in random directions?  I don't see how one can look 'cool' in those.

I also echo the gangster look - I have even seen grey haired males in Ottawa wearing this stuff!!!  Skinny jeans for sure, and especially where teen males/men are wearing those made for women!  Why???

There are some shocking dress patterns out there which in no do anything for the women wearing them ... and dare I mention what I call the 'musketeer look?'  High black boots which fold over at the top, space showing a bit of leg, then baggy, flowing pantaloon like things.  I laugh and want to challenge these women to a rapier duel.

Nieghorn said:
and dare I mention what I call the 'musketeer look?'  High black boots which fold over at the top, space showing a bit of leg, then baggy, flowing pantaloon like things.   I laugh and want to challenge these women to a rapier duel.

782.gif

Too funny!!  I have to admit, I haven't seen that yet.

I have seen that....  it's not as cute as they seem to think it is.

Also, Saturday evening, I saw a guy at Place d'Orleans sporting a military issue green parka and an '84 pattern rucksack.  It was snazzy.  ::)

...Guidos...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/paulguynj/guido12.jpg

3 words:

my new haircut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

Apparently they're called gauchos, so instead of asking them how accurate they are with a matchlock, and whether they prefer the epee to a rapier, maybe I should ask them if they want to go rustle up some alpacas in Argentina for a winter getaway?

gauchos.jpg

outfitus2.jpg

Well - ok (socks and sandals with a Kilt). Last summer at the Highland Gathering in Selkirk I saw dancers with oversized crocks over their dance slippers - looked wierd, especially the lime green ones, but it did protect their leather slippers.

Long as it doesn't disgrace the Kilt, I guess its okay.

:cdn:
Hawk

Hawk said:
Well - ok (socks and sandals with a Kilt). Last summer at the Highland Gathering in Selkirk I saw dancers with oversized
crocks
over their dance slippers - looked wierd, especially the lime green ones, but it did protect their leather slippers.

Long as it doesn't disgrace the Kilt, I guess its okay.

:cdn:
Hawk

I'm not touching this one. 8)

Back