• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Clothing Stores Help Line Topic

I wish they'd move the t-shirts and underwear over to LogistikUnicorp like they did the socks.  Seems like it would be easier for the Clothing Stores folks and the mbr as well.  Why did they do it for just socks and not the whole sha-bang ???

Each base must be different;  I have never had to exchange 1-for-1 my underwear or t-shirts at the Wing.  I can exchange 1-for-1 if they've come apart early (which I've done) etc but I just go to Supply every year around the middle of April and can draw that FYs allotment.

Supply is red. I am in a red trade, I know how @(*#@ busy we are with deployed ops and all the normal stuff we do.  I'll remember that the next time I am at Supply to exchange something and have to wait longer than I'd like.  Sometimes the F Ech/operator trades forget the folks that support them are just as busy as they are, if not busier.

Eye In The Sky said:
I wish they'd move the t-shirts and underwear over to LogistikUnicorp like they did the socks. 

It's coming ... not necessarily via Logistik however.  Documents are already our on the street regarding the move to on-line for Op clothing.

Google "OCFC2".

;)

ArmyVern said:
  How many more annual reports and returns could one add on top of the ever-expanding and more intrusive Material Attestations Reports, Material Accountability Reports, Financial Reports, Quarterly Stocktakings, etc etc etc  (And, here I thought the very ineffecient-to-use DRMIS was the be all to end all and was supposed to kill the need to do manual reports etc because every single thing they want to know in these reports is actually avail through DRMIS [How many write-offs? What dollar value? Who did the write-off? Why? What did you buy? From who? How much did it cost? What is the budget balance?etc etc etc]).

The problem is people don't really know how to use DRMIS, the GUI is not intuitive and we literally don't know what it can do for us.  I was shown and subsequently demonstrated to our HHQ that 90% of the MAP and Mat Attest can be done by a faceless staff officer in Sector 7G.  The stuff that can't be done that way is really simple and fast.  That is what should be pushed down to units to do, not the garbage we have to put in every year.

MJP said:
The problem is people don't really know how to use DRMIS, the GUI is not intuitive and we literally don't know what it can do for us.  I was shown and subsequently demonstrated to our HHQ that 90% of the MAP and Mat Attest can be done by a faceless staff officer in Sector 7G.  The stuff that can't be done that way is really simple and fast.  That is what should be pushed down to units to do, not the garbage we have to put in every year.

I agree.  But why would someone in Ottawa have to learn how to use the system to pull the required audit information for themselves when they have peons down below at the units to do it all for them - they are very busy in Ottawa you know.

Because:  With the Unit filing these reports and providing the info and the COs required signature on them all ... those at the top have "averted" the risk rather than managed it. Now someone's name and signature is put to the reports (and it isn't theirs!).

ArmyVern said:
Google "OCFC2".

;)

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/business-defence-acquisition-guide-2015/joint-and-other-systems-517.page

So, the idea is my flight suits and flying gloves will be delivered to my home? 

Eye In The Sky said:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/business-defence-acquisition-guide-2015/joint-and-other-systems-517.page

So, the idea is my flight suits and flying gloves will be delivered to my home?

2024 Final Delivery.... Factor in the required delay and no, you'll be out before that happens =D

ArmyVern said:
Because:  With the Unit filing these reports and providing the info and the COs required signature on them all ... those at the top have "averted" the risk rather than managed it. Now someone's name and signature is put to the reports (and it isn't theirs!).

LOL.  True, very true.  My counter is a CO can still do the attestation letter saying essentially they are following policies and have procedures in place for all the requirements.  All the annexes and appendixes can go jump off a bridge.

MJP said:
LOL.  True, very true.  My counter is a CO can still do the attestation letter saying essentially they are following policies and have procedures in place for all the requirements.  All the annexes and appendixes can go jump off a bridge.

Had the luxury of final submissions of very vague annexes (restricted to total dollar values; no nomenclatures, SNs etc) at prior employment; if only we could all be that way, we'd all get more work actual done.

ArmyVern said:
Who the heck is going to be doing the embroidering?  There's a video on youtube called "Aint't got no time for that".

The same folks who sew the name tapes on uniforms - the base tailor staff.

Another option would be a centralized ordering system (e.g. Logistik), where the member can order them on-line and receive them through the mail.  There are no sizing issues to worry about, so it shouldn't be hard to make it work. 

We can keep the Sup Techs out of it.

Halifax Tar said:
Attestations... F-ing attestations...

Hmmm.  Love attestations - an annual statement that folks are doing their jobs...  And the point is?

It seems we can't hang somebody for not doing their jobs unless they've earlier declared that they were doing it.  Does this mean that at a court martial a CO can be found not guilty of negligence if he's forgotten to sign his attestation? 

"I didn't attest that I was doing my job, so, therefore, I can't be held accountable for not doing it."

I've always viewed them as a way to say "Here's where things went wrong, and what we did in response". 

dapaterson said:
I've always viewed them as a way to say "Here's where things went wrong, and what we did in response".

Fair enough, but I'm with a unit right now that has no materiel of note and nothing but a TD budget (albeit a large one) on the financial side.  Yet, we still have to file the annual attestations.  It's not a big deal (simply pull out last year's and change the dates), but still rather pointless.

Pusser said:
The same folks who sew the name tapes on uniforms - the base tailor staff.

LOL; have you seen the thread complaining about the already extremely long wait-times for the Base Tailors? 

Another option would be a centralized ordering system (e.g. Logistik), where the member can order them on-line and receive them through the mail.  There are no sizing issues to worry about, so it shouldn't be hard to make it work. 

We can keep the Sup Techs out of it.

Oh, Logistik - a Contractor.  Kind of like the contractor who does them now?  Except much cheaper on the budget now with a bulk (minimum) order requirement and bulk delivery to Clothing Stores. 

The reason that Logistik worked for DEU is because it was cost-neutral (cost-negative is more exact).  The CAF simply took the millions in CUA benefits that it was paying out annualy to members back from those members' paycheques (the members weren't actually purchasing new DEU & accoutrements with that CUA benefit anyway) and redirected it to pay for the delivery of Logistik items to members' doors when they actually did order DEU items.  The CAF is still financially ahead in that department.

With your proposal above, there is no revenue neutrality - 70 000 sets of individually mailed nametapes to 70 000 members' doors will cost much more (in just mailing fees alone) than a bulk delivery and the saved 'minimum order' manufacturing costs currently contracted for.

dapaterson said:

Which could all be put into the letter rather than the upteen hundreds of inquiries being made into stocktakings etc that are already available through DRMIS so that the minutae of every single transaction can be placed into the annex/appendices and viewed by above "in writing, with signature".  Every single transaction is alreay avail via DRMIS.

ArmyVern said:
LOL; have you seen the thread complaining about the already extremely long wait-times for the Base Tailors? 

Or none existent base tailors.....

CFS ST.JOHN'S has to out source it to a local tailor shop.....

NFLD Sapper said:
Or none existent base tailors.....

CFS ST.JOHN'S has to out source it to a local tailor shop.....

At CFB Halifax, I walked into the tailor shop without an appointment, waiting in line for 5 mins, handed the counter 3 pants, 3 shirts and 2 jackets with 8 name tapes, and 15 mins later they handed them back to be with my names tapes on all of them.

ArmyVern said:
Which could all be put into the letter rather than the upteen hundreds of inquiries being made into stocktakings etc that are already available through DRMIS so that the minutae of every single transaction can be placed into the annex/appendices and viewed by above "in writing, with signature".  Every single transaction is alreay avail via DRMIS.

I submitted our signed and scanned attestation (as directed) only to have them come back after me because they needed one of the annexes to be in excel format so that they could copy and paste from it.

Back