• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Close Protection Training

one point Nauticus so that everyone has a better picture of what experience you are basing all your comments on - what is your military experience?  You have nothing showing in your profile other than that you are in BC, have indicated in Oct you were enrolling in armoured and then in Dec indicated you were going infantry while your avatar indicates you are a trained private. Perhaps it is time for you to update your profile and put your correct information out here.

The 'Harvard' of EP schools??? Some think Pheonix is the Harvard, others think Ronin is the standard, still others believe Trojan is. I'm not even going to mention the US WPPS schools...BW, Dyncorp Crucible. The video on the ESI site looks like a Tactical Response HRCC course video.

I'm sure it's a good school/course, but not the be all/end all.

Hello all,

I have heard about a close protection course offered to any trade of the military. Like most things on training bases I have heard it second hand. Can anyone point me in the right direction or if anyone has taken this course I would like some info.

Thanks for your time and your responses
chimo

lunn200 said:
Hello all,

I have heard about a close protection course offered to any trade of the military. Like most things on training bases I have heard it second hand. Can anyone point me in the right direction or if anyone has taken this course I would like some info.

Thanks for your time and your responses
chimo

I do not know if you have read this entire thread or not but there is some good info in it about the course (plus some junk). The place to find info about course dates is in CANFORGENS, just look them up they tell you the course dates , prerequisites and submission deadlines.  My advice read old CANFORGENS if you don't have access to them or don't know how to get them ask you supervisor. 

OK, thanks for reading. This is for info on the colse protection course only. Im not interested in military police. From info that I have heard from other guys i work with, there is a close protection course avail to all trades of the military. It includes, emergency driving etc. It is meant for members of other trades to be able to take taskings specific to close protection.

Please PM me if you have specific info pretaining to this course or if you have taken the course. I only want to know about the course offered in the military not the EST program outside of the forces.

Thanks again
Chimo

Rather than contribute to one of your other threads, which you posted after you replied here and which show you a) are confused or b) never bothered to actually read the info I directed you to, here is a quote from one of those items, CANFORGEN 099/08 VCDS 012/08 211727Z MAY 08:

3.  THE CP QUALIFICATION IS OPEN TO ALL CF MEMBERS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING PRE-REQUISITES FOR CP TRG AND EMPLOYMENT:

The MP Branch runs the program but it is open to all CF members who meet the requirements.

Sorry for Reviving this thread, I have read the CP recruiting campaign web page and see that it states applications must be submitted NLT Sept 2008. I was wondering if there is a new campaign for this year or next, if anyone has some insight it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If they are looking to recruit more, the message will be passed through appropriate channels.

Thanks for the heads up that's good news. Will the CANFORGEN also be put up on the CFPM website? And have the  requirements for application been changed much if you have any info.

I have seen the New CANFORGEN for this Years CPP Recruiting Campaign, I just have a couple questions hopefully someone can help out with. One of the requirements to apply is to complete the CF Express Test and meet the min standards for CPP, just wondering as a reservist, how can I schedule a test from PSP?

Good Day all,

I know that the application deadline has only just past and understand the CPAC is sometime in Apr, but I was wondering from previous years, roughly when invitations to attend selection were sent out. Just trying to do some contingency planning for summer taskings/courses if it turns out I am not competitive enough.

Cheers

I am just wondering if anyone has been on the CP course lately. Just looking to hear the physical demands of the course. I work civi side as a firefighter and I a plan applying in the first hirer in the new year when I can get time off. Any pointers or insight would be greatly appreciated. And yes I know I need to pass selection first.

You need to be a memebr of the CF first...

The list of requirements are stated somewhere in the beging of the thread make sure you meet all of them.

Alright I guess I wasn't clear enough on what I was asking. First off this training is open to all trades I know that for a fact.  I know you go through a selections process in Esquimalt BC. After you pass the selection you go down to the US  for CP training. Canadian ran course just US facilities. My question is has anyone completed both the selection and the CP course recently? Also what insight can you give me in regards to physical and mental training to prepare. I know weapon skills and confidence is very important.  I know things are pretty hush hush so I am not asking anyone to spill the beans just your insight on physical fitness or some studying I can do in advance.

Just hit the gym.

You've got four years once you join the CF before you can apply for the close protection programme (min rank Cpl), use that time to try to find out more details.

I have been in the army for 6 years. I am a corporal that's why I am interested in this course.

Back