• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Class C back pay from 2004

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew why some us didn't get back pay on time spent on Class C contracts during 04. I asked my unit clerks and they had no idea why it didn't happen or when it will go through.  Anyone here have the same problem?

I suggest you go back to the orderly room and have the pay clerks put a pay query up through the system. They should not have let you walk out of that office without a) a concrete answer; or b) taking some action to get the answer for you.

Now it is very possible that "they" (whoever they are) have to cut cheques for that because the Class C pay system is completely different from the RPSR. Those systems cannot talk to each other and so it would not have been reflected on your regular pay back in April. Regardless, go back and get the pay clerks to get an answer for you.

Thats what the clerks said RPSP not being linked and what not, and that they had raised the issue to higher levels but were told to wait out cause the higher higher levels were trying to figure it all out. 

Hatchet Man said:
Thats what the clerks said RPSP not being linked and what not, and that they had raised the issue to higher levels but were told to wait out cause the higher higher levels were trying to figure it all out.  

PERFECT.  Your clerks have done PRECISELY what needed to be done.

"Higher levels", in this case NDHQ are usually pretty good at sorting this stuff.

Wait, out.

Some background.  You were obviously on operations because you were on Class C.  This means, essentially, that you have been a "Regular Force" soldier for the duration of the contract.  At the conclusion of the contract, it is terminated and you were "released" (literally) from the Class C.

Because that's the way the system works, retroactive pay inquiries are handled by (believe it or not) the pensions people in Ottawa (DPS 6 to be exact).  These are the people your OR should be talking to as they are the ones who authorize the pay.  You are allowed (at least in LFWA) to speak directly to them to keep addresses up to date (critical for retro pay) and to ask questions.

Internet site:  http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/pension/intro_e.asp
DIN site:  http://admfincs.mil.ca/dappp/ps

Toll free number:  1-800-267-0325

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Some background.   You were obviously on operations because you were on Class C.   This means, essentially, that you have been a "Regular Force" soldier for the duration of the contract.   At the conclusion of the contract, it is terminated and you were "released" (literally) from the Class C.

Because that's the way the system works, retroactive pay inquiries are handled by (believe it or not) the pensions people in Ottawa (DPS 6 to be exact).   These are the people your OR should be talking to as they are the ones who authorize the pay.   You are allowed (at least in LFWA) to speak directly to them to keep addresses up to date (critical for retro pay) and to ask questions.

Internet site:   http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/pension/intro_e.asp
DIN site:   http://admfincs.mil.ca/dappp/ps

Toll free number:   1-800-267-0325

Good post TR. 

I'm glad to see that some sense has begun to prevail vis a vis troops speaking directly to those who can actually solve the problem.  This saves the clerks from playing "monkey in the middle".

I wonder, however, how long this policy can last before DPS cries "Hold!  'Nuff", due to the volume of frivolous calls they're bound to take??

Retired CC.

Actually I never got pass the pretraining stage (medical RTU), but I was still on Class C.  I will ask the clerks about what you have posted Teddy.  Thanks for the info.

Well, hopefully, these are the folks your OR are talking to already or things could stretch out a bit time-wise.  The system works more or less the same as a Regular Force release, thus the 800 numbers and all...

Good luck.

TR

Back