• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Claims

csura2

Inactive
Reaction score
So I was just wondering.  I think I'm getting screwed around at my BOR.  Does anyone on here know about this new claim for people who are attach posted while on course?  I heard about it in Gagetown.  Supposedly the Gagetown BOR told me that since I was attach posted and on course and I was paying rent back home that I was entitled to some sort of separation pay for being away from my furniture and effects.  When I got home the people handling my claims knew nothing about it.
Apparently it came into effect in April 2004 but hasn't really been implemented, or so I was told in Gagetown.  If anyone else has heard about it, please tell me what you know.

I've heard of seperation pay for spouses but nothing about seperation from furniture.

News to me as well....

Separation is from family, not belongings...

I realize the purpose of separation pay for people with dependants/spouses.  I am no fool.  I was merely trying to determine who was giving me the false info, Gagetown or my BOR.  I was just as confused when I heard about it, but any time someone offers me money (being an impoverished OCdt) I take it seriously.

EME girl: as a future commissioned officer, try going to the source for the solution. Hit the dnd.ca web page, look up the applicable CFAO/DAOD/CANFORGEN, print it out and give it to your OR staff. If it supports your position, good. If not, at least you know where to look. Cheers.

If you are maintaining a residence while undergoing training, normally you would be entitled to free R & Q, since we married pers have the same situation, this is where you BOR got this idea...

further to pbi's suggestions, check under the director of pay and benefits...

Here, let me make your life easy:

http://www.forces.ca/dgcb/dcba/engraph/home_e.asp?sidesection=2&sidecat=7

You can thank me later...

Back